Can anyone give me some info on my new EFU

I recently picked up an EFU. It is serial number EFU 1S2155. It is mostly complete from what I can tell, missing one seat bottom and the driver's side hood louver panel. The truck is showing around 29k miles. It does have a two speed rear and the arrow turn signals (I don't know what else would be considered optional). I am new to Mack trucks and have been unable to determine exactly what year the truck is. I have done a little work to the truck and have gotten some of the shift forks to move (there was a squirrel nest that filled the bellhousing completely and froze the shift rods in Neutral). I have the cylinders soaking, and have gotten some movement (about 15 degrees) of the crank, so I am thinking the valves are probably stuck. All of the intake ducting and the exhaust manifold are there, so I don't think the engine would have gotten water in it. We live in a very dry area, so there is no humidity problem. In any event, I just thought I would introduce the truck to you, and see if you could tell me the year. Just to let you know, I may consider selling the truck, as I have had my eye on a 34 Cadillac. Let me know what you think of if. I will try to get some pix of the truck soon. Currently it is just a cab and chassis. Please email me directly, as I don't always check the Big Mack Truck site.

Regards from SW Colorado,

Dave Henneman

jmhenneman@frontier.net

Dave Welcome, where abouts in SW CO are you? Were in CO also. We have a great ATHS chapter out here (I think im the only Mack guy at all) I know us guys would like to see pics of the Mack here.

You know you can write the Mack Museum and send the VIn and a donation if you can and they will send you all the info and build sheets on the Bulldog you have. , Jay

Thanks for the info, I may try to locate him if I decide to build the truck. I do have the upper half of the pass. side louver panel for a pattern, and have a friend with a louver press. What makes you think the rear end has been changed out?

Thanks for the info, I may try to locate him if I decide to build the truck. I do have the upper half of the pass. side louver panel for a pattern, and have a friend with a louver press. What makes you think the rear end has been changed out?

it has budd wheels,probably a ford rear end I'd guess.If the rear was original it would have the spokes wheels just like the steer axle,with the chrome Mack hub caps in the center.

You know you can write the Mack Museum and send the VIn and a donation if you can and they will send you all the info and build sheets on the Bulldog you have. , Jay

email the Mack Museum archives at mack.museum@macktrucks.com Be advised I just emailed them a request earlier this week and got a reply that they were on an 8-week backlog due to number of requests.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS