B model front brake limiting valve

Dennis

I can't seem to get the front brake limiting valve to work properly. Maybe, I don't have it plumbed correctly. I put in a new TW-1 valve in the dash and a new LQ-2 release valve which is connected to the two front brakes, however, when I flip the dash valve lever it does not disengage the front brakes. I know the dash valve works as it is putting air to the LQ-2 valve. When I step on the pedal valve the front brake chambers still move. I am using air from the air manifold to the dash valve and it then feeds out the dash valve to the release valve.

Anybody know what I've done wrong?

Dennis

You'll have to drive it to see the difference. Or put a pressure guage on the line going to the chambers to see the pressure difference.

Once I hooked mine back up, I made the mistake of trying it one day. Oops. Only do it in a safe place(if you are a single axle with no load). Man. it don't stop for nut'n!! Guess it works?? LOL!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

As mentioned above, it doesnt engage the brakes, it allows air on the top of the diaphragm of the LQ2 so when you do apply the foot brake- and air fills the opposite side of the diaphragm, it wont travel as far, therefore limiting the amount of air going to the front brake boosters.

Okay, thanks again. I got it. "Engaged" was a wrong choice of words. I guess the only way to really test it out is when I get it back on the road. Air pressure to the front brakes will just be reduced with the two way dash valve flipped over to "slippery road" position.