Tons of Trucking Jobs ... That Nobody Wants

Well they got part of the reason right, it cost thousands for truck driving school for the normal driver, any person with a brain can do it themselves for well under 1k but has to have some understanding of trucks.

Reason two, You start out at taking home around 2k a month and your gone 3 weeks or so , home 2 days then gone again...

"The current shortage of truckers has forced his company to work much harder than it used to in order to fill these positions, spending more money on advertising and additional recruiting staff."

Or, here's an idea--spend more money on WAGES. If you pay well , they will seek you...

Figure you guys would wanna read the article on it lol

http://finance.yahoo...body-wants.html

• Like 1

Thanks for posting Jay,i wanted to,but could'nt figure out how! what a crock of shit this "article" is! and there does'nt seem to be a story anywhere concerning modern trucking,that does'nt mention the "big fours') driver retention woes! if you ever get bored,go to the ATA's website,and look at real-world carrier statistics,and it does'nt take a degree in engineering to figure out what the problem is!....being as it is copywrited material,you are not able to "cut and paste" a lot of material thats written,but heres just a small example of whats posted there.........................Werner Enterprizes,Omaha,NE- 99.4% driver turnover rate-reason cited,low,lack of pay.......

Schnieder International Inc,Green Bay,WI - 99.3% driver turnover rate-reason cited,low,lack of pay,un-fair business practices

J.B.Hunt worldwide logistics Inc. Fort Smith,AR -99.3% driver turnover rate-reason cited,low lack of wages,sexual /racial discrimination

Swift Transportation Inc. Phoenix,AZ 99.5% driver turnover rate-reason cited,low, lack of wages,unfair hiring/termination policies,sexual/racial discrimination,illegal working circumstances (ie; falsifing logs,HOS violations) unsafe equipment,and the list goes on and on!,but the common denominator is always MONEY!........................................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Well they got part of the reason right, it cost thousands for truck driving school for the normal driver, any person with a brain can do it themselves for well under 1k but has to have some understanding of trucks.

Reason two, You start out at taking home around 2k a month and your gone 3 weeks or so , home 2 days then gone again...

"The current shortage of truckers has forced his company to work much harder than it used to in order to fill these positions, spending more money on advertising and additional recruiting staff."

Or, here's an idea--spend more money on WAGES. If you pay well , they will seek you...

Figure you guys would wanna read the article on it lol

http://finance.yahoo...body-wants.html

Funny thing, if you talk to any old timer, OO or company driver, they all will tell you the same thing, and that is that since dereglation all the co.' listed in the article have destroyed the shipping rates, I just thank God that those guys arn't haulin cement! Mark nailed it, 'When you pay peanuts......You get monkeys!'

BULLHUSK

• Like 1

funny I thought it would have been bananas, did you read the article that is linked to the manufacture jobs are claiming the same thing but supposedly make 2-3 times as much as adriver, around here a driver makes 13-15 an hour and maunfacturing is 8-10 per hour long way from 100K

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

hehe,,i was just telling my wife,,that exact story the other day,,,when we had all these good paying union carriors here,,people were lining up and waiting for a position in these places,,,usually had to know someone to get hired,,,but now for 38 cents a mile,,good luck finding anyone hahahahahahahaha..bob

Funny thing, if you talk to any old timer, OO or company driver, they all will tell you the same thing, and that is that since dereglation all the co.' listed in the article have destroyed the shipping rates, I just thank God that those guys arn't haulin cement! Mark nailed it, 'When you pay peanuts......You get monkeys!'

BULLHUSK

You got that shit right Ernie! if any of the "big four" ever branch out into LTL furniture delivery,i'm screwed!...........................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.