2012 Talbert 55 tom triaxle trailer forsale 2 days only

2012 Talbert 55 ton triaxle 26' deck. 18" deck height air lift third, set for fourth, all the extra's, rear strobes, gooseneck directionals, flashers and cargo lights, bucket well. chain well in front, outriggers,aluminum wheels, hydraulic detatch. Red. 58,000.00 paid 70,000.00 used 2 months, like new, cared for.

Also have complete wet system, PTO pump, hoses,tank, hoses and quick connects to trailer, filter system. Make offer. 207-460-8877 trailer trades Monday the 23rd of July, wet system, forsale anytime after that, it's on a 18spd fuller. Trailer sold

Trailer just sold 4 pm eastern 7/21/12 complete wet system is available, tank, pump switches hoses from pump to tank to trailer including trailer fittings. I'm at 90 and 84 in Ct.headed south to Delmar De.to pick up a new trailer. anyone wants it for 1000.00 I will stop in on the way and we can take it off in your yard. Have to be in Delmar De. Monday am, so can remove it tomorrow too. Going light and mechanical. I have 8 20 ply XDN grip Michlin 315 80 22.5's and 2 12 22.5 XZE's steers all the tires are mounted on aluminum, drives are in good condition, steers are great, trade for 24'5 rims and mounted tires in good condition. Need to lighten up. These tires are the same diameter as 11 24.5's 207-460-8877 if you need heavy haul tires or 22.5's here's your chance.

Don't you know that scares me. I watched a guy try to hook for 20 minutes, then they told me to pull up beside him and load. I pulled in, dropped, loaded, hooked and pulled away to chain and he was still there when I finished chaining. It scares me, but I think I can figure out a rythem. I've seen people beat the hell out of the same Talbert I had when I can hook every time with out a sound. So operators are a factor I HOPE!!!!

Don't you know that scares me. I watched a guy try to hook for 20 minutes, then they told me to pull up beside him and load. I pulled in, dropped, loaded, hooked and pulled away to chain and he was still there when I finished chaining. It scares me, but I think I can figure out a rythem. I've seen people beat the hell out of the same Talbert I had when I can hook every time with out a sound. So operators are a factor I HOPE!!!!

I understand mechanicals are great if you are not out of position and can remain level. Mechanicals, and hydraulics both have their advantages, and detractors.

Hard to beat a non ground bearing hydraulic detach I'd think. How much weight do you save without the powered neck, and wet kit? I'd think a matter of convenience would be a major player also.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I wish you luck on that. You'll really appreciate haveing a good speed on railroad tracks. Idk I have never had a mechanical beat me to hook or unhook. Now dropping the trailer the spank me every time. But what happened that made you shed all kinds of stuff or you got a good load repeatedly that you need the weight. Best thing you can do is crane load

I understand mechanicals are great if you are not out of position and can remain level. Mechanicals, and hydraulics both have their advantages, and detractors.

Hard to beat a non ground bearing hydraulic detach I'd think. How much weight do you save without the powered neck, and wet kit? I'd think a matter of convenience would be a major player also.

Rob

Rob When I pulled a mechanical after I twisted my trailer I went from a 55ton Fontaine,aluminum rims,wet kit, and neck extention with 25' of well to pull a 45 ton mechanical with a long neck,26' well,steel wheels.

I had the wet kit on and was only 400 pounds lighter trailer to trailer. I didn't see the benefit of beating my truck to death on a mechanical. I also didn't have ramps. That made it real interesting. Loosing his wet kit and the hydraulic he might be 600 to 1000 pounds lighter.

Rob When I pulled a mechanical after I twisted my trailer I went from a 55ton Fontaine,aluminum rims,wet kit, and neck extention with 25' of well to pull a 45 ton mechanical with a long neck,26' well,steel wheels.

I had the wet kit on and was only 400 pounds lighter trailer to trailer. I didn't see the benefit of beating my truck to death on a mechanical. I also didn't have ramps. That made it real interesting. Loosing his wet kit and the hydraulic he might be 600 to 1000 pounds lighter.

That is about what I'd have put it at also. I've never pulled a mechanical myself but have borrowed a couple of Talberts and they are slick to operate. One had it's own stantion leg, the other I threw a board across the rear of the frame rails to support the neck. Both trailers were very easy to work with and presented no problems for someone with no experience, (me). I also liked that with a hydraulics you can raise the trailer for railroad track clearance where you may have a problem with a mechanical.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 2 weeks later...

Rob

Went from 46,700 to 36,800 and still can remove the pto pump,tank and oil, filter system and lines, then replace the tires and rims, this should drop another 1000 lbs, so from hauling 33k legal to 41 to 42k legal is huge.

I wish you luck on that. You'll really appreciate haveing a good speed on railroad tracks. Idk I have never had a mechanical beat me to hook or unhook. Now dropping the trailer the spank me every time. But what happened that made you shed all kinds of stuff or you got a good load repeatedly that you need the weight. Best thing you can do is crane load

So far it has been no problem. I've got a good system down and it works. Made every hook one try and gently. Remember I haul long so detatch and hook up is every few days. If I was local and had a blanket permit, no way would I have sold. I had my first load 5 minutes after the plates went on it. 17 mile dead head. Second load 20 mile dead head, next morning. Third load 20 mile dead head next morning. Before it was dead head 300 to 600 miles,or sit 2 days and a day for permits, more fuel, alot more strain and wear. So far this seems to be my nitch. It also fits the power of the Mack, remember I don't have a Cat or an N14 or ISX. I think the Mack is likin' it too. Bottom line is money. Money in for money out.