Injector lines for a END 673

ombre

G'day to all.

Can anyone point me in the rite direction where to buy flexable injector lines for a END 673 that I have in my boat, just need as spears incase have a problem while at sea.

Any hepl would be much apreacheated

Regards

Gary

G'day to all.

Can anyone point me in the rite direction where to buy flexable injector lines for a END 673 that I have in my boat, just need as spears incase have a problem while at sea.

Any hepl would be much apreacheated

Regards

Gary

When you mention "flexible" lines, do you mean of a braided composition as to form your own line runs, or the pre bent steel lines as original equipment on the engine for spares? I ask as the lines are length matched to each other for precision timing of the injection cycle and forming your own lines is not in your best interest.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hi Rob

I was after the braided line only because I have tried all the truck reckers in my area and cant find the same shape orignal lines anywere.

this END673 came out of a railroad shunter and had a electric turmine motor on the front of it, the ones I have come accross in the truck wrecking yards for the sam model END673 are a diferent shape so I thought flexable replacment spares would be the way to go.

Regards

Gary

Hi Rob

I was after the braided line only because I have tried all the truck reckers in my area and cant find the same shape orignal lines anywere.

this END673 came out of a railroad shunter and had a electric turmine motor on the front of it, the ones I have come accross in the truck wrecking yards for the sam model END673 are a diferent shape so I thought flexable replacment spares would be the way to go.

Regards

Gary

Hi Gary, you can use high pressure braided line in your application but they will be expensive. They really would need to be the exact length in comparison to each other. I've seen several farmers in my area rob lines from one diesel engine and install on another by bending to make fit and it always is wrong. Getting the correct lines for the older engines can be tough as time takes it's toll on these items.

I think dual braid lines would be strong enough for the application but the physical size may impose problems for you as they will be much larger than original.

Can you post up a photo of what you have? We may be able to salvage up some lines if they are somewhat common?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hi Rob just took some shots

Gary

Those lines are different from a truck due to the exhaust box mounted up top. This of course is due to mounting configuration.

I have seen shops make replacement lines using original fittings and seamless high strength tubing. The key is "seamless" tubing which will need anealed to be formed. A good quality high silver bearing solder would also be needed to affix the parts together.

In your application is salt water intrusion a consideration? The engine looks to be in a compartment by itself? Salt and vibration is what I've seen mostly harm injection lines over time. If your's are not subject to salt spray, I'm not sure if there is enough concern to justify the cost of replacements. This is just an out loud thought however. I have seen "generic" retrofit lines available but it's been a while. I would be glad to look around for you however.

Rob

Thanks Rob

I was told in the past I could buy streight lines and bend them when and if needed, do you know any thing about that.

You can see the red rubber tubing I have put on parts of the lines where the lines have beed rubbing due to vibration

Gary

Thanks Rob

I was told in the past I could buy streight lines and bend them when and if needed, do you know any thing about that.

You can see the red rubber tubing I have put on parts of the lines where the lines have beed rubbing due to vibration

Gary

HI Gary, yes that is what I was referring to but the tubing needs to be "seamless". The high injection pressures and vibration will split normal tubing.

Rob

PAI used to make emergency injection lines that were straight, we used to keep one under the mattress in the bunk for emergency repairs on the road.

You could, most of the time, find somebody that would try to help you as long as the parts weren't a problem.

These you bent to make up the line you needed, they came in handy on more than one occasion.

Ron

PAI used to make emergency injection lines that were straight, we used to keep one under the mattress in the bunk for emergency repairs on the road.

You could, most of the time, find somebody that would try to help you as long as the parts weren't a problem.

These you bent to make up the line you needed, they came in handy on more than one occasion.

Ron

Thanks Ron I have sent them an email.

Gary