Best reason in the world...

RowdyRebel

...to teach your kids how to respect & safely handle your firearms.

Phoenix boy, 14, shoots armed intruder while watching three younger siblings

The teen and his brothers and sisters were at home alone at their residence at 55th Avenue and Baseline when a woman rang the doorbell Friday. The teen didn't open the door because he didn't recognize her, Police Officer James Holmes said Saturday.

Soon after, the teen heard a bang on the door, rushed his siblings upstairs and got a handgun from his parent's bedroom. When he got to the top of the stairs, he saw a man breaking through the front door and point a gun at him.

The boy shot the 37-year-old man, who is in critical condition but expected to survive and be booked into jail.

---snip---

Holmes said that the gun the teen grabbed was his father's, but did not know whether the boy had been trained to use it.

Boy done good...and I would guess he'd been to the range a time or two with his dad. After all, he hit his target and effectively neutralized the threat against himself and his younger siblings! I'd hate to think about what could have happened had they lived in a place where "safe storage" of guns "out of the reach of children" were required...or even if ammunition were required to be stored separately and locked up.

Good job, kid. :twothumbsup:

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Why do I have to read this here and not on the evening news or the paper............oh that's right according to those sources Guns are evil and they kill people. Good Job Kid! He is living proof the the advice given to me years ago by a senior Officer. "I would rather be tried by twelve than carried by six."

Jim

• Like 1

Rustednut

I decided years ago that my kids would easily figure out one way or another how to find and unlock my guns if I hid them , so I better show them how to use them safely.

I got a whole passel of gunslingers ready to draw if someone pulls that crap on my ponderosa.

• Like 1