N MODEL MACK

RJ43

I looked through the gallery and saw more than on International, but was unable to find a pic of a N model tractor- only fire trucks. I started trucking in 1968, driving a 1959 N61, which I happily drove all over the USA, not realizing how underpriveledged I was with a truck with less than 200HP, no A/C and an 18inch bunk that would go 52MPH when bobtail, but didn't have power enough to maintain it with a trailer. The N model had a Budd cab on a B model chassis with two sticks growing out of the dog house. Anybody else have any experience or know of any pictures of N models? I have two old pics of the first two trucks I drove-both N models.

I guess this N Model Mack is the first time I had seen of them....not real sure because it reminds me of the late 50's early 60's Ford Cabover that had the 292 V8 engines. Roadway and Yellow Freight here in and around Nashville had them for city trucks. I guess the Fords had single headlights? Don't see them anymore.

mike