MORE Transmission Mount Questions

Hello, everybody!

Been busy. Lots of stuff going on. Missed everybody.

I've found a likely candidate for my R project. It is a 1970 R611. Good running Thermodyne. Has an RT-915 in it. The same guy has an 18-speed Quad I can get. But, it is out of a DM.

I know the Fullers mount differently. I will end up with the Mack-Fuller bell housing, and the Fuller mounts. Might be valuable fo somebody going the "other" way.

My question is, will the transmission brackets on the DM Quad match up with the frame brackets on the R (which was originally Fuller-equipped)? Or, will I need to pilfer a "complete" set of frame/trans brackets off another Mack-equipped R? And, are the holes in the frame the same, or are they drilled differently from the factory, if a Fuller is used?

Thanks,

Kent

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

thats a hard one, seen them both ways. seen the fuller mounted just to the engine bell housing with the rear of the engine being mounted with the four holes on either side of the bell housing from the engine. also seen the fuller mounts mounted where the Mack mounts are drilled in the frame. hard to really say until you get under there. we made our own mounts to mount a modern triple countershaft roadranger in a 66 R609T

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments, guys. I'm going tomorrow (Wednesday) to test drive the truck. If I can get it road-worthy, I'll likely bring it home Friday or Saturday. Once I get it here, I'll be doing the clutch right away. So, I'll try to get some measurements and pictures of all the pieces involved. I may not bring the Quad home right away, but I'll get measurements off it as well.

Looking at the Mack build sheet, it is obvious they had to substitute a LOT of parts, especially in the clutch linkage area. So, it could be interesting.

More to come...

Kent

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."