6x6 Transfer Case

post-1247-1180578282.jpgpost-1247-1180578196.jpg

1st picture is us loading manure, the second picture is us stirring manure (for those of you not familiar, a 50 foot aparatus with a big boat prop) churns a lot of sh$% but takes a lot of HP!!

I have a dmm 6x6. It has a 237 5 speed trans. and tc150 transfer case.

Here's my dilema, I pump cow manure and never have reliable HP (tractor), most of my farmers' tractors are underpowered, They overheat because of the severe duty i put them under, and the fact that most farmers only use a fraction of their horsepower, so their radiators and air filters are plugged, I show up with my agi/pump (which will bring a 200 hp tractor to it's knee's) and after 15 minutes of agitation or loading we are stalled because of an overheated tractor. I have rented in the past from a local Allis Chalmers salvage yard, but once again i'm using junk, and i'm broke down. so a reliable tractor is my current weak link.

My Idea is to take my 6x6 (about a 77, with a weaping head gasket, which I will fix) shorten the wheel base as short as possible (for manueverability) Hook a drive shaft to the PTO output of the transfer case run a driveshaft to the back of the truck into 2 90 degree gearboxes, ( with an overall gear reduction of about 2 to 1) build a hitch comparable to a tractor, run a small hydraulic pump out the front (alrady has crank shaft adapter and bracket in place) for hydraulic needs, walla a mack Tractor "Macktor".

I will run the the transmission in 5th so my driveline from the truck will run at engine speed. I need about 1000 rpm at my pto shaft but turning the oposite as what comes out of the transmission, with the 2 90 degree gearboxes I can make the direction change... I know that overheating the transmission and transfer case will probably be a problem, I can run coolers on both with circulating pumps.

WHat I need from someone here is a source for the PTO Adapter for the back of the MACK TC 150 transfer case. ANy help or insite would be appreciated!! :SMOKIE-LFT::SMOKIE-LFT:

Rather than go through all the frictional losses and maintenance/upkeep on such an apparatus; My thoughts would be to acquire a 6V92 Detroit with right hand rotation, (ie reverse), (ie bus application, and very common) install a "Rockford Clutch" assy, (also ready available) and go that route with or without gear reduction for the proper rotational speed. This assy. could be mounted onto a portable trailer, or a frame extension to your truck to eliminate the need for two separate pieces of machinery.

There are many more options out there, this one took me no thought.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 4 weeks later...

The other option you have is A 99 % pto off the lower counter shaft !Check the rear case may have stamped pto on it if so the hole is there!Remove the lower counter shaft cover and if it has a hole in it Your in business!

• 3 months later...