Some Pictures of Local Construction Macks

Nice catch on the trucks and the painted ad on the side of the building, that's classic americana right there. Quite a few of those ads are now hidden (and in effect, being preserved) behind the walls of adjacent bulidings that were built after the signs were painted, waiting to be discovered by future generations in cities and towns everywhere,

Jim

downtown Loweville vinny? seems like they been workin on that forever! use to be able to take a left at the Y where Mcdonalds is and head a few miles up twards Martinsburg and they had a bunch of steel nosed RD600 single axle plow trucks that were mint. think they auctioned them off and replaced them over the years. they also use to have a tandem axle B68 that they repowered with a diesel. had a brand new 'Roller' Cresci dump box, the Jersey guys know this box, made in Vineland. was a badass box back in the day. anyways this truck was mint. we bid on it about 15 years ago, think it ended up going for about $8000. was always garaged. use to be quite a few macks workin up that way 10-15 years ago. Matt

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Yep downtown Lowville, right across from the Jerecks. I never knew about them steel nosed R models and the B68. And for the sign it says Ivory soap and an advertisement for a store. Down the street a little theres a smoke shop and on the side painted but faded it say Sperement Gum or something like that. Theres also two bars with stuff painted on them I think.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

downtown Albany Ny i believe on rt 32/Broadway going north there is a building still painted with Brockway trucks on the side and its about a block or two down from the original Mack trucks dealership. the building still had the M and T engraved in the cement way up high. will have to get some pictures next time im down that way. Matt

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Nice catch on the trucks and the painted ad on the side of the building, that's classic americana right there. Quite a few of those ads are now hidden (and in effect, being preserved) behind the walls of adjacent bulidings that were built after the signs were painted, waiting to be discovered by future generations in cities and towns everywhere,

Took the words right out of my mouth,Jim.Those old ads are always cool to see.There are a few concrete silos in the state of Wisconsin still advertising "Miller High Life Beer",They had to be painted 50-60 years ago,and are fading fast,unfortunately.Nice picture,Vinny.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

CCI also has a killer Superliner tractor they use with a lowboy. I did a few jobs with them and when the Superliner came on site, you knew it!

Any pictures? Their Mack dump truck sound awesome too!! My favorite is an all black DM dump truck, sounds awesome!! Do they just have straight pipes on them trucks?

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg