laser cut injectors e-tech 460 stage 2 all talk no go ?

my buddy tried the ones from rochester got minimal power gain much more smoke on take off and at up shift points trying to see what his money got him not very satisfied as of yet . any advice ?

Edited by wolfdaddy

Gday Logtruckman, have you any idea if those injectors would do sum good in a 470 CCRS motor, or if there's other ways to get them going. Seems they cant make any-more boost, mines good for 32psi, if it goes to 33 the prick of a thing derates. Any advice - much appreciated.

i dont know jamkar. wish i did. all i know is this 460 has tons of power and all we did is put those injectors in. it has atleast 525 hp now or maybe 550 . my brother has ran with a guy with a 600 cat and has no problem keeping up. we didnt do the turbo just injectors . im sure the turbo would make it a bear lol

S

Gday Logtruckman, have you any idea if those injectors would do sum good in a 470 CCRS motor, or if there's other ways to get them going. Seems they cant make any-more boost, mines good for 32psi, if it goes to 33 the prick of a thing derates. Any advice - much appreciated.

Here in the States the CCRS 460 has a wategated turbo and if you try to change anything or adjust the wastegate for more boost it will derate the engine when it overboost's past specs. The 427 HP CCRS's dont have this feature or the high$$$$ wastegated turbo. When customers come in for factory HP upgrades on a CCRS we usually steer them towards the 427 for this reason. We have actually turned a 460 down to a 427 due to the customer always swapping custom turbos and injectors.I saw a Detroit 60 series wategated turbo bolted on the exhaust manifold one day on that truck.

How much boost do your CCRS engines make, we didn't have a 427, we had 370, 435 & 470. The way i see it, you cant have more power without making more boost, but i could be wrong (God knows, i'v been wrong before !) If i derated my 470, could i play with turbo, injecters etc to get some more out of it ?

I am the buddy of wolf daddy I have done everything I could think of changed air and fuel filters checked supply pump pressure which was 60 lbs idle re adjusted the valves had a few exhaust too tight and a few loose intakes thought it was part of the problem and still no change. Today was a lot cooler than yesterday noticed less smoke than it had been blowing but still runs the same. Boost press. Is running around 36-37 as it had before with stock injectors...everyone I've talked to so far keeps saying I'm not getting enough air but I can't c that being the issue there is no smoke on a pull and its not running any better so it must be burning it...I talked to Rochester yesterday after I ran it for a week they were pretty clueless on why its running so hot and the no power gain they said they have never sold a bad set of injectors before but offered to send another set...as of right now that's the only thing I can think of being wrong... I wouldn't let are local mack garage touch my bicycle they act clueless every time I ask questions and every time one of are trucks have made a visit there they come back running worse I'm pretty sure they could screw up a wet dream..