CH at Mack Headquarters

Yea Jim,

I didn't like the half fender look and the flat dash but they grow on you. Like the forward axle full fender CH better. Here is the first CH I drove in 1990 as a rental for one week. It only ad 99 miles on it and I enjoyed driving it down to Bethlehem Steel that week.

Having driven CH's, Visions, and Pinnacles, I have to say that the CH is still my favorite post-R model Mack. I was not a fan of the flat dash until I actually drove one and saw first hand how functional it was.

I drove a Pinnacle Monday night and noticed that in the dark, with only the dash lights lighting the cab, the dashboard looked very similar to that of an early CH with the center section angled toward the driver.

Jim

Nice pictures,Tim.Yeah I wonder where it is too? It's probably hauling gravel or containers around yet! Maybe one day MACK will do a search for the oldest running CH! My wife and I went to Quincy Mack Sales in early '88 to look at a used RL 686 S.Our salesman,Norm Rhea,showed us some pictures of a CH that had been shown to the salesmen at Allentown for a sales meeting.I remember thinking,thats never going to replace the R (with the following that it had)! They showed me! I never have driven one (except to move it around in a yard). It took a while for them to grow on me,but what the heck they still had a bulldog on the hood :bulldog3::twothumbsup: I've heard pros and cons about 'em,but thats with anything. I know one thing,you see an awful lot of them with a bunch of miles on 'em,still working everyday!! And why shouldn't you, they're :clock_logo: !!!!!!!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Mack "seeded" at least one CH prototype with common carrier Advance-United back in the mid 80s. My first impression was that it looked like a Renault design...

Interesting observation.

I wasn't sure what to think of the set-back axle models at first, but always thought the axle-forward was looked like it had evolved from the B and R.

Jim