Can thing's Ever look up for Me and my dad?

billythekid

We've all been stretched out by this economy Billy.In July of 2008 I came to the realization that my business couldn't sustain the status quo, and if I didn't take drastic measures we wouldn't survive. I took a long ride over the weekend to gather my thoughts, went to the shop on monday morning, fired half of my staff...9 people,closed one division, sold off excess equipment, reviewed my costs and adjusted my pricing structure,and made my situation sustainable. It was difficult and stressful, and still is, but that,s the nature of small business. The answer for me was to simplify to get things under control. I don't know if that's helpful at all but I wish you luck in finding your way. I wish now I'd done it sooner as I'm still digging out of the hole i dug for myself by keeping people and equipment that weren't producing.

We've all been stretched out by this economy Billy.In July of 2008 I came to the realization that my business couldn't sustain the status quo, and if I didn't take drastic measures we wouldn't survive. I took a long ride over the weekend to gather my thoughts, went to the shop on monday morning, fired half of my staff...9 people,closed one division, sold off excess equipment, reviewed my costs and adjusted my pricing structure,and made my situation sustainable. It was difficult and stressful, and still is, but that,s the nature of small business. The answer for me was to simplify to get things under control. I don't know if that's helpful at all but I wish you luck in finding your way. I wish now I'd done it sooner as I'm still digging out of the hole i dug for myself by keeping people and equipment that weren't producing.

Well said. You are to be congratulated for even ever coming to the realization that you needed to make that drastic step to survive. Our government is in worse shape, but it keeps just adding dept instead of shedding it.

American males that own their own businesses are the backbone of this country. I know from experience how hard it is to make a decision for your business that may be viewed by others as going backwards. A lot of folks never do it and then never survive.