Making Pierogiesiesiesss

Olivetroad

Nyama za shto.

I'm 1/2 Italian, 1/4 English, 1/4 Irish but I made it a point to learn basic Belarusian 'cause "ya never know". :icon_bs:

Note: This post has been pre-flagged as BS for your convenience.

As it neither compromises, or berates the website, I'll allow it.

Fair ehh?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

9. Return to food thoughts........... I knead the dough - put in ice box to chill. Now I better go change out of church clothes before I do any cookin

that involves heat - if I burn my best britches, I won't get to do no more bra testin'.

More to follow................

Ya think they're done chillin' yet or should I go grab a burger?

Jim

Chicken and dumlins, now there's a meal I haven't had as of yet. I'll ask my better half about this.

I am in shock. Total heart stoppage here. I have to go take a powder and lie down after reading this.

Bollweevil - Have you ever heard of someone not knowing about chicken and dumplings? HELP!

Oh yeah, it's good.Here's the recipe-

go to Food Lion and get you a bag of skinless,boneless chicken breastesess when they have the "buy one get one free" sale.

Put one bag in the freezer, take some out of the other bag ,cut them up, put in crockpot,freeze the rest.

add a can or two of chicken broth to the crockpot, maybe some celery seed and a chopped onion.

cut each of your cheap canned bistits into 4 pieces-or leave them whole,it just makes a bigger dumpling-and put them in the crockpot.

the next day,when you realize you forgot to turn the crockpot on,dump it all out and start over,this time turning the crockpot on.

you can use a fresh chicken,you can make your own broth,you can even make your own dumplings, but this is my favoritest and easiest way.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

The lack of chikin and dumplin's in Timothy's house rousted me out of a lull - here is the rest of the story of the yankee dumplin making:

After I got changed out of my Sunday-go-to-meetin pants, I rolled out the dough with my wife's Christmas present:

post-6658-0-39490000-1330177446_thumb.jp

That thing feels a lot different in my hands than it does coming down on my head.

Then take before mentioned chicken of the sea can (Timothy - this is NOT the "chicken" you make chicken and dumplings with) and cut out dough:

post-6658-0-00234900-1330177530_thumb.jp

post-6658-0-20708000-1330177703_thumb.jp

Spread in some goo - fold over and pinch edges - kind of had to lick with my tounge some of them to get them to seal - no one will know. Then drop into boiling water

post-6658-0-40858100-1330177744_thumb.jp

Take them out - man, those things don't look so good - they look like I do after I spent too much time relaxing while it was too hot in the hot tub -

post-6658-0-56877300-1330180314_thumb.jp

My wifey said they look like something that was hiding under a rock and never have seen the sun - about like my legs:

post-6658-0-90817500-1330180897_thumb.jp

Well, I guess if we put enough sauce on top, we can choke those limp dumplings down. I did a taste test - one side is the Pittsburg(no H) sour cream version, the other is the Chef Boyardee version - I even sprinkled sum of dat stinky cheese on top

post-6658-0-71628100-1330180512_thumb.jp

They are not exactly flying off the plate around here - kiddos are used to meat and taters.

Hmmmm Wait! I know what to do - lets deep fry them in lard and pour salt on them:

post-6658-0-98016100-1330180648_thumb.jp

Now how many are left on the plate?

post-6658-0-91950300-1330180698_thumb.jp

Well about all I can say is that I have now eaten periogieesees. I also can eat a horse turd if you cook it in lard and roll it in salt.

I think I will stick with a fat juicy raw steak or chicken and dumplings.

I am in shock. Total heart stoppage here. I have to go take a powder and lie down after reading this.

Bollweevil - Have you ever heard of someone not knowing about chicken and dumplings? HELP!

I've heard of it and seen it but never had it. Something I've wanted but being married to a Irish, you get corn beef and cabbage. Know want I mean?

I've heard of it and seen it but never had it. Something I've wanted but being married to a Irish, you get corn beef and cabbage. Know want I mean?

Oh and great job on those pirogies. The story telling is very educational. See Vinny, you learn all kinds of things here. Julia Childs would be prowd. Oh, one more thing...what's a food lion. Is that what you call Chinese food?

Oh and great job on those pirogies. The story telling is very educational. See Vinny, you learn all kinds of things here. Julia Childs would be prowd. Oh, one more thing...what's a food lion. Is that what you call Chinese food?

Dammit boy, you need to get a life, get out of the frozen northeast and take a few loads south. You will never know if you like something until you've tried it. I have never tried either mush or fried mush, but given the opportunity i would in a heartbeat. I know I like grits, and if you ever had cheese grits with your fried catfish, you would never order french fries again. Come on, take a Missouri load, come by and pick me up and I'll spell you as far as Olivetoad's house. He needs some help making and eating fried pies, We will pick up some dried apples and dried peaches and a bigger can, and stay with him till he get;s it right.

That's a grocery chain, big in the southeast.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Dammit boy, you need to get a life, get out of the frozen northeast and take a few loads south. You will never know if you like something until you've tried it. I have never tried either mush or fried mush, but given the opportunity i would in a heartbeat. I know I like grits, and if you ever had cheese grits with your fried catfish, you would never order french fries again. Come on, take a Missouri load, come by and pick me up and I'll spell you as far as Olivetoad's house. He needs some help making and eating fried pies, We will pick up some dried apples and dried peaches and a bigger can, and stay with him till he get;s it right.

Sounds great! I gotta get to Missouri to pick up a drive shaft for the boy's bronco from my cousin Ronny in West Plains and maybe pick up a couple good ol boys on the way. Been to Lincoln Alabama and ate River folk pie.....MMMMM not sure what was in it for meat but the taste was alive. We can start a BMT recipe book.

Sounds great! I gotta get to Missouri to pick up a drive shaft for the boy's bronco from my cousin Ronny in West Plains and maybe pick up a couple good ol boys on the way. Been to Lincoln Alabama and ate River folk pie.....MMMMM not sure what was in it for meat but the taste was alive. We can start a BMT recipe book.

if you give me a little notice, I'll bust a frozen coon out of the freezer and we'll stew it up. I'll even let you eat the one we left the paw on so you know for sure it is not a house cat.

That is a whole different breed of Missourian down there around West Plains - I spent a year there one afternoon with some of those ol boys.