A Run Of Bad Luck...

I had to share whats happened in the last 2 weeks...I figure some of you can relate an will get a good laugh out of it cause it is trucking and it does happen...lol.

Last Monday morn on first load of morning truck wa acting funny and leaning pretty bad in the holes....well when I got to the dump I went over it lookin for probs....boy did I find one. Trunion bar was broken slap in 2 (dont ask me how all I can think is it was worn out) right in the middle between the springs and u could see where it had been a long process of cracking a little at a time. Well started tearing it down to fix it and discovered the drums were shot so we may as well line brakes as well. Lined 4 wheels of brakes, 4 drums,1 cannister. one slack, seals, a few bearings and hardware kits. Put 4 new drive tires and 2 new spacers on it as well as replacing the trunion, lower rubber blocks, and saddle brass. Some time during the latter stages of all this while using a railroad jack...the bar kicked out of it and hit me in the forehead....instant concussion and huge knot....not really a big deal as anyone who would buy a truck doesnt have a lot to hurt up there anyways.

Well after visiting the Doc he told me to take at least a week off...I explained it wasnt possible as the job only has about 5 weeks left. So we decided that I would take off till this Monday. Ok Monday morning comes and I fire the truck up anxious to test all my new parts out. Air builds up and I mash the clutch in to pull out...BAM...clutch explodes. So have been down all this week as well and had to replace the clutch assembly, motor support bushings, etc. I am supposed to be back to work tomorrow afternoon and Im scared to get in the damn thing now..lol. This is just some of the perils of buying a used truck as someone elses headache becomes your own I suppose.

Either way this one is about to go on down the road..lol..I love it but not sure I can afford much else with it..lol.

Hey WV, Remember that song on Heehaw "Gloom, Despair & Agony on Me", sounds like that's what you're going through. But remember once you're rolling again they probably go for months not needing much more than fuel, oil changes, grease & brake adjustments. At least that's what mine are like. Bob

Ain't a Mack? Take it back!

I had to share whats happened in the last 2 weeks...I figure some of you can relate an will get a good laugh out of it cause it is trucking and it does happen...lol.

Last Monday morn on first load of morning truck wa acting funny and leaning pretty bad in the holes....well when I got to the dump I went over it lookin for probs....boy did I find one. Trunion bar was broken slap in 2 (dont ask me how all I can think is it was worn out) right in the middle between the springs and u could see where it had been a long process of cracking a little at a time. Well started tearing it down to fix it and discovered the drums were shot so we may as well line brakes as well. Lined 4 wheels of brakes, 4 drums,1 cannister. one slack, seals, a few bearings and hardware kits. Put 4 new drive tires and 2 new spacers on it as well as replacing the trunion, lower rubber blocks, and saddle brass. Some time during the latter stages of all this while using a railroad jack...the bar kicked out of it and hit me in the forehead....instant concussion and huge knot....not really a big deal as anyone who would buy a truck doesnt have a lot to hurt up there anyways.

Well after visiting the Doc he told me to take at least a week off...I explained it wasnt possible as the job only has about 5 weeks left. So we decided that I would take off till this Monday. Ok Monday morning comes and I fire the truck up anxious to test all my new parts out. Air builds up and I mash the clutch in to pull out...BAM...clutch explodes. So have been down all this week as well and had to replace the clutch assembly, motor support bushings, etc. I am supposed to be back to work tomorrow afternoon and Im scared to get in the damn thing now..lol. This is just some of the perils of buying a used truck as someone elses headache becomes your own I suppose.

Either way this one is about to go on down the road..lol..I love it but not sure I can afford much else with it..lol.

:SMOKIE-LFT:

:o Damn-I hope my EH fares better when I go to drive it home!! That kind of adventure I don't need!

Glad you're on the mend. At least you have that much of the "restoration" done now. I'm guessing you'll be looking the truck over a lot closer from here on,maybe catch problems before they become Catastrophic Failures. :D

I expect to be repairing/replacing parts on the EH for a pretty good while before I can feel like I don't need to worry about possible mechanical problems.

Speed :SMOKIE-RT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

Doglover, Shucks Son, don't get upset, this is just part of the joy of being an Owner Operator. Trucks, and knots, and cuts, and bumps, and scrapes, all seem to go together. Look on the bright side, you only need 4 more drive tires, and you still have 3 days until your house payment, truck payment, light bill, phone bill, and truck insurance are due. Cheer up son, God loves you. Now get back in there and make a Hand. James

LMAO@Boll!! You can always tell someone thats been truckin for a while because that post is about as right as it can get....lol.

RS Im hopin this extra long run of bad luck leads to an extra long trouble free period.

Speed...only thing I knew bout the trunion is that the truck had laid over to that side for a while and I figured it was a bad chair or rubber blocks.