Mack 673 E

I bought two mack engines one of them I will rebuild and put in my 1967 kaiser Jeep 5 ton military truck . There is a engine on Ebay that is a 673 E it is with out a turbo. the engine I bought has a turbo . Did the 673E come both way or the turbo added ? any information on the 673 E would be helpful .

Thank you I looked it up .they do have a few engines listed .I need to look at the ones I have before I buy another . The other engine is a 675 I have not looked at real close I bought It because it it has a sae #2 bell housing and a belt driven power steering pump . all in put is good information for me .

Hi topo - The 673E motors sold in Australia did not have Turbos fitted to them as they did not have Piston coolers fitted as standard equipment. Some turbos were fitted by the owners and they seemed to work well as long as you did not increase the fuel settings, as this caused pistons to melt. Best regards - Michael.

Hi topo - The 673E motors sold in Australia did not have Turbos fitted to them as they did not have Piston coolers fitted as standard equipment. Some turbos were fitted by the owners and they seemed to work well as long as you did not increase the fuel settings, as this caused pistons to melt. Best regards - Michael.

Thats right

glenn akers

• 2 weeks later...

I pulled the pan today not sure what I would find it was very clean .I pulled a main and a rod cap bearings where dated 8-98 both looked good a little wear . I bought a military bell housing that will let me use the mounts already in the truck .This bell housing hold the rear seal the original seal retainer on the engine is not used .I looked for piston oilers and this engine has none . I don't know what horse power or torque this engine will have ?