How do you remove the door panel on a B61

I searched but didn't come up with anything on door panel removal on a B series. I'm sure its in the manual but I'm still waiting on my package from the Mack museum. I took all the screws out of the door panel, removed the window crank and door handle, but its still attached somehow. I don't want to go pulling and beating on something and end up braking stuff. Both of my door latches are frozen in the open position, it would be nice to get the doors to latch!

Thanks,

Jason

-Jason-

1959 Mack B61T single axle short wheel base, concave cab. 673 diesel, duplex trans. Running but under contruction!

Have to go from feable memory. There is a round disc in the lower portion of the door, it is the window stop. Removing it allows the window to be lowered enough to get panel out. Been 10yrs since I played with mine so I'm trying to remember the details.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

It is a real tight fit-

Remove the full window trim and the vent wing window, lower the window as far as it will go as said above. Remove the 3 flat head screws that hold the door strike plate and push the plate toward the inner door to clear.

Pull the clip in the door frame holding in the lock cylinder and remove the cylinder. Turn the exterior door handle to full extension both ways and remove the screws and then remove the exterior handle.

Then you are ready to remove the panel. It is a slide down and twist and rotate and slide sideways and then back up all at once type of movement. Remember all the moves to put it back in. You didn't have to remove the crank and inner door handle- they come out as parts of the assembly.

Thanks for the help guys, I got the screws back in and the window unjamed. Def a different way for a door to come apart compaired to what I'm accustomed to!

Jason

-Jason-

1959 Mack B61T single axle short wheel base, concave cab. 673 diesel, duplex trans. Running but under contruction!

• 9 months later...

You guys helped alot, removed the screws leaving the window handle in place and door handle in and out. removed wing window, window trim on inside and the door latch on side so panel could be pushed toward the hinges and it droped down about 3inches so the top of the window and panel could be tilted out and brought up and out, never seen anything like that-not sure what the engineer was thinking then again Im sure you all have some good one liners about engineers and thinking. I liked the one persons statement after you do a dozen or so if I remember right it gets harder.