If you had told me a week ago...

...that I was going to hit a pigeon....

....and that damn PIGEON was going to cause as much damage as the 6 point buck I hit last month....

.....I would've laughed and said you were out of your friggin' mind!

Part #7313-95943. Broke all 3 of 'em holding the left headlight. Last month's deer broke all 3 on the right side. The deer I hit this past spring broke 1 on the left side.

...so yeah, I've broke 7 of the damn things this year. Bought a few extra ones this time, so hopefully I won't need 'em now that I've got 'em.

...at least they're only $8 and change...plus tax. :pat:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I coitainly hope you got a pigeon license mister, or this may cost you a lil more change also. When i was a young dumb teenager, I had a 72 ford pinto. i was going down long straight stretch of highway, saw 4 or 5 big buzzards feasting in middle of road. Lil light flashed in my feeble brain, i floored it and thought, ahm gonna get me one of those rascals. Last time I looked down grinning, I was doing lil over 75, and they started trying to get off highway. All flew away from highway,,,,cept one big dumb one, not as dumb as me though, He was trying to gain altitude coming straight toward me. The last thought I had before contact was,,(dam randy, this was not a well thought out idea). We made contact, he busted windshield, remains of his stinking, bloody, mucus ridden carcass hung up on lil so called luggage rack on top of car. I pulled over, opened door, smell hit me so i puked. I went to car wash, drug body parts off car, puked again. Never did that again. Not really sure how I have made it this far in life,,,,randyp

• Like 1

I coitainly hope you got a pigeon license mister, or this may cost you a lil more change also. When i was a young dumb teenager, I had a 72 ford pinto. i was going down long straight stretch of highway, saw 4 or 5 big buzzards feasting in middle of road. Lil light flashed in my feeble brain, i floored it and thought, ahm gonna get me one of those rascals. Last time I looked down grinning, I was doing lil over 75, and they started trying to get off highway. All flew away from highway,,,,cept one big dumb one, not as dumb as me though, He was trying to gain altitude coming straight toward me. The last thought I had before contact was,,(dam randy, this was not a well thought out idea). We made contact, he busted windshield, remains of his stinking, bloody, mucus ridden carcass hung up on lil so called luggage rack on top of car. I pulled over, opened door, smell hit me so i puked. I went to car wash, drug body parts off car, puked again. Never did that again. Not really sure how I have made it this far in life,,,,randyp

:lol:

I generally don't break cruise for anything that'll easily squish under my tires. I've hit TONS of small birds, and most just bounce away without doing any damage. This one got me right square on the headlight....and those plastic clips break if you look at 'em funny. I'm thinking about fabricating some sort of shield for 'em, but not exactly sure how to secure them.

I did come up with an easy way to access that phillips screw on the back of the stationary clip, though....last time I didn't have to mess with it because it was the white part of the clip that broke, so I just removed the 6-point screw that holds that white piece to the L-shaped block. This time, that L-shaped block was broke. After fighting with it for a while, I finally just drilled a hole just large enough to pass the screwdriver through into the back of the headlight assembly. Then, after I swapped the clip out, I use a little caulk to fill in the small little hole.

No, I couldn't just remove the headlight assembly. 2 of the damn screws just spin in their holes. :pat:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

That is more likely to happen than you think. The fiance is in your neck of the woods & had been going to school...then she finished school and it's been one delay after another, most recently a promotion at work (which meant 6 months before she could transfer her job up here). That 6 month time frame will be up in late April/early May...and my truck is going to be paid off in April.

I told her Memorial Day weekend, I'm coming for a visit. Either I'm helping move her up here, or as soon as I get home I'm putting my house on the market....and if it sells before she gets here, I'm coming down there. Not looking forward to the move....gonna take me AT LEAST 5 trips, and that's just to get my vehicles and tools moved....then there's the matter of getting all my vehicles up to passable condition for the vehicle inspections.....and transferring my CDL (I know Illinois requires even the skills test be retaken...not sure about Texas)...which would mean finding a trailer to use for the test.

Sure would be easier for her to move up here. All her stuff fits in her pickup and horse trailer.