I added air ride to my cab this year. I was able to keep the cab mount exhaust but had to make some new stack brackets. I also removed the x brace for the radiator. Added radiator support bars to the frame. Then used a superliner air bag set up. I modified the rear cab brackets to support the lower air bag mount. All that is left is to put the hood rest rollers on the cowl. Not hard just a lot of little things.

Talked to Mander's today. They only have the one good cab. But they have a really good price on it. It is a 90 with the galvanized panels and he said he would help me with any interior peicesi need includind AC. Just need to find air ride.

Air ride really is not difficult to locate. If the cab works out for you I know 2&92 in Silvis had a couple of R model cabs with air ride a few months ago.They would sell you everything needed to convert for a single price. They have treated me fair in the past and I think them good people.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The RS600 had a few diffrent ways to mount the air ride cab. some used a aftermarket cab mate/superliner style air bag while others had the standard R model twin bags. It all depends how high the cab sat off the frame rails and how the truck was speced. My RS700 cab sat up about 6-7" off the rails. I was able to use a superliner air bag set up and it works great.

If I recall not many modern R cabs had cab mounted exhaust. after the mid 80s most were frame mounted??? If that is the case you will need to save your muffler brackets and interior stiffner brackets then drill and install them in the new cab. it is a tricky job as you can see what your doing. you will need to make a template and then drill the cab hoping that you hit the marks correct!! once you have the interior stiffner plates installed its easy from there. I had to fab up driver side brakets and when I was done they fit better than the factory passenger side did LOL???

What I also did was to make better exhaust supports. the westerns used the 2 bands to go around the muffler and one up at the rain rail but they always ended up making the muffler crooked. I made some fancy new brackets that not only look better but allow you to adjust the stack to keep it straight. if you want pics let me know and I will show you what I was able to do.

Trent

Talked truck manders today. The new cab has the cab mounted exhaust which I won't be able to use. My box sits to close to the cab. I'll have to fab some spacers for the rd air ride I think. Ill try to tack some pics tonight when I get done working. The cab I'm getting is from manders and is from the truck stock #4728 that was mentioned in an earlier post. They said they have no problem parting that truck because the frame was cracked in so many places. It is a 1990 but built to western specs. I thought that was very odd.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't got the pictures of the back of the cab yet. Had a little set back to deal with..... A $3500 brake job. My Mack has the limited edition (Sarcasm) brake drums that cost $260 a piece from an after market source. Mack was higher. Now I am in the process of converting to Budd wheel for the same price. The Mack dealer tells me this should lighten my truck by 160lbs per axle with steel wheels and another 180lbs if I get aluminum. We'll see if he is right.