2050 International - What engine is this?

Olivetroad

I bought a rough as a cob older International truck today to remove the newer log loader off of it and remount onto another truck - I am looking for a long wheel base Mack for this.

The truck model is a 2050A which I am guessing is from the late 60's/early 70's based on the type of gauges and other stuff in the cab. It looks like a 1968 IHC grain truck we used to run.

I glanced under the hood and noticed it had a V-8. I just presumed it was an old 345 or 392 gas. But I looked a little closer and it is a V-8 diesel, no turbo. Does anyone have a guess as to what engine it is?

post-6658-0-31181200-1321921531_thumb.jp

post-6658-0-67017500-1321921540_thumb.jp

I have yet to hear this jewel run. I bought it for the log loader and the dump bed, and just planned to junk the rest. The guy that I bought it from is about 1/2 mile the other side of a scale house so I am going to tow it home. That thing is so worn out and rough looking that I would go to jail for a year if the flat hat brown shirt DOT boys caught me driving it. I just bought a tow attachment that snaps into the fifth wheel on the road tractor and this will be a good chance to try it out!

I am anxious to hear this thing run now that you tell me about the way the fuel pump works. I'll post a Youtube link if it sounds cool. Thanks for the info - David Backer