Tire weight rating?

MACKS

My question is do all brands of the same size tire have the same weight rating? do all 12/24.5 have a weight rating of 7830 in a single application,I have a 20,000 pound axle in my CL dump but can only put 15.660 on it,what else can I do,will different size spokes bolt to my drums if so what size should I go with,if it doesn't cost to much I'd like to up my weight permit for next season,Thanks for any help..

i dont think you will find a 24.5 tire that will go high enough to get you to 20,000. my dm 690 has a 20 front with 425/65/22.5's to get that rating, maybe a 315 22.5 might do the trick.

gg2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

315's will not get you there they are only good for about 14600 or so. 385's might but 425's will but they are 22.5 rims.

Certain 315/80R22.5's are rated to 10,000 per tire in single applications. Most 315/80's will also work on a 18,000 axle as they can support 9000+ in single applications. In dual applications they are suited for tandems up to 70,000! They are very common in Europe for vocational work.

BUT they aren't floats. Your better off with floats as they afford you better flotation on soft ground (sand, pea gravel, mud etc.)

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!