1957 Mack B61 With An Intergeral Sleeper Parts Needed

Doors and fenders shouldn't be too hard to get. The rest of the sheetmetal I'd bet you'll have to fab up. Might find a decent roof, but getting one that hasn't been beat to death will be a chore.

Motors? 300 2 valve is the biggest I've heard in a B61. Plumbing and intercoolers are the hard part to get to fit under the narrow hood.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Doors and fenders shouldn't be too hard to get. The rest of the sheetmetal I'd bet you'll have to fab up. Might find a decent roof, but getting one that hasn't been beat to death will be a chore.

Motors? 300 2 valve is the biggest I've heard in a B61. Plumbing and intercoolers are the hard part to get to fit under the narrow hood.

I have seen a couple of 350s one 2 valve and a 350 4 valve with intercoolers,i have a 300+ in mine with a intercooler no clearance problems, ran a hose from the tipturbine along side the interfender to the front to draw cool air, all 673 engines are the same size no mater what horsepower they are.

all 673 engines are the same size no mater what horsepower they are.

Actually, all 672 Cu. In. displacement and 707 Cu In. displacement Mack engines are the same external physical size no matter what horsepower they are.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

I have a B-61 1961 model with the integral sleeper with an advanced case of rot. I believe that the regular fenders and doors from a regular B will fit. The cab was made by pie cutting the floor of a regular cab and welding inserts to widen the cab. Look under the cab and you will see what they did. I am going to take a sheet of body metal and make the back of the cab with the help of the local vo-tec body shop class who can roll the beads and bend the bottom edge for me. You will probally have to make your own panels. Fuzzy Buzzard on the site has pretty good information on the sleeper cabs. There is a riveted tag in the floor next to the seat edge on the passenger side. Fuzzy Buzzard is collecting the numbers. I have pictures of my 61 under "61sleepercab photo album #1" Good luck. Mark or "61sleepercab"

I have a B-61 1961 model with the intergal sleeper with an advanced case of rot. I believe that the regular fenders and doors from a regular B will fit. The cab was made by pie cutting the floor of a regular cab and welding inserts to widen the cab. Look under the cab and you will see what they did. I am going to take a sheet of body metal and make the back of the cab with the help of the local vo-tec body shop class who can roll the beads and bend the bottom edge for me. You will probally have to make your own panels. Fuzzy Buzzard on the site has pretty good information on the sleeper cabs. There is a riveted tag in the floor next to the seat edge on the passenger side. Fuzzy Buzzard is collecting the numbers. I have pictures of my 61 under "61sleepercab photo album #1" Good luck. Mark or "61sleepercab"