CRD 93 parts help

Thrawn

Hi, been lurking around here and really like the board, been meaning to make an introduction post, but work keeps me pretty busy.

Have one Mack I'm working on that lost a wheel bearing and ate up the stub on the axle. I noticed the stub is removable, but the Mack dealer we go through says they don't offer just the stub and the whole housing will have to be replaced. Does anyone know of an aftermarket manufacturer that offers these?

Thanks.

The cast housings can be differentiated by looking at the bolts that lock the spindle in the housing. The older style have an external hex head bolt behind the brake spider flange (towards the center of the truck). The newer style have an Allen head lock bolt on the opposite side of the housing (toward the outside of the truck). The newer cast housings use a spindle that is supplied by Renault. They are sometimes in short supply domestically, but they are commonly available, our shop replaced one about a week ago. Replacing the spindle is going to take some special equipment, or you can pull the housing and have a machine shop with a lay down press push the spindle in and out for you.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

• 2 weeks later...

Axle Surgeons Inc

Google this and you can find that they are moble all over usa. They have the parts and do the work at your local. One of the tecs told me had change a few of the mack spindles.

1-877--fix-axle.

www.axlesurgeons.com

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Yeah we ended up going through axle surgeons, did a great job, fast too once we got the paperwork approved from the higher ups. All we had them do was replace the spindle, I did the rest after that as I wanted to replace the bearings and brakes on the other sode as well.