puff limiter, again...

biffidun

Just a basic question. Up here in the great white north (Canada). The feds made everyone raise their pressures in the brakes systems a couple of years ago. Long story short, my "new to me" 1976 DM685S smokes a bit much, well, alot. I yanked the puff limiter valve and cleaned it, but not much change. Here's my question, if the system pressure has been raised, wouldn't the puff limiter be out of spec?

I tried adding two washers to the top of the spring inside the valve, thinking that more pressure would be required to overcome the spring - delaying full rod stroke in the pump. Is my thinking correct or is it reversed?

Just a basic question. Up here in the great white north (Canada). The feds made everyone raise their pressures in the brakes systems a couple of years ago. Long story short, my "new to me" 1976 DM685S smokes a bit much, well, alot. I yanked the puff limiter valve and cleaned it, but not much change. Here's my question, if the system pressure has been raised, wouldn't the puff limiter be out of spec?

I tried adding two washers to the top of the spring inside the valve, thinking that more pressure would be required to overcome the spring - delaying full rod stroke in the pump. Is my thinking correct or is it reversed?

The air pressure in the tanks being some more than it was will not change the pressure going to the puff limit cyl on the pump.

glenn akers

• 2 weeks later...