New additions to the fleet

Underdog

I have two recent aquisitions to share... not Macks, but interesting anyway:

post-2694-0-90472400-1316430613.jpg

1986 GMC diesel with 8 ton boom. I purchased this unit to pull the engine out of my F model, but a rig like this makes itself useful in many ways.

Here it is helping me change a drive axle spring on my CX.

post-2694-0-35856600-1316430631.jpg

1966 Hyster lowbed trailer. A vintage wagon to hook behind my F607T. Will make a nice combo.

Gregg

I never thought much about having a piece of equipment like that boom truck, but it has come in handy for my own use and I can also foresee some income potential. It has already attracted attention just sitting in the yard.

I will keep you all posted with pics when I start on the F model. I have decided to repair the existing engine, but it has to come out to replace the crankshaft. I want to keep the F607T original as it is a good solid early F model. Not many of those left.

Gregg

I have two recent aquisitions to share... not Macks, but interesting anyway:

post-2694-0-90472400-1316430613.jpg

1986 GMC diesel with 8 ton boom. I purchased this unit to pull the engine out of my F model, but a rig like this makes itself useful in many ways.

Here it is helping me change a drive axle spring on my CX.

post-2694-0-35856600-1316430631.jpg

1966 Hyster lowbed trailer. A vintage wagon to hook behind my F607T. Will make a nice combo.

Gregg

Ptiman, or RO Stinger? Either one are really good units until you need parts that are proprietary. I have a hydro-cable crane on an IH R-190 chassis and it's damned hard to imagine not having something like it.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 2 weeks later...

Ptiman, or RO Stinger? Either one are really good units until you need parts that are proprietary. I have a hydro-cable crane on an IH R-190 chassis and it's damned hard to imagine not having something like it.

Rob

Hi Rob, My crane is an RO Stinger. It was originally mounted on a 1974 Ford chassis and transferred by the previous owners to the current 1986 GMC. Polly only allowed the purchase of said crane to facilitate repair of the F607T. However, a visionary such as myself anticipates many uses for such a machine. I only have to endure a short term of wrath until Polly's thought process catches up to mine.

Gregg