I installed the superliner air ride cab setup today. I used the old frame perches that held the stock arch bar. Made a beam to hold the back of the lower air bag plate. Then bolted a L brace to the frame crossmember to capture the other end of the plate. The upper part of the air bag bracket simply bolts to the bottom of the cab.ran new air lines and set the leveling valve to my liking....8 hrs later and she is a much smoother ride. No more bucking or violent shaking when you go over a bridge. Bobtailing is not a nightmare anymore. The old cab brace was cracked in 3 spots. 4of the 8 bolts snapped off with little force when trying to remove them 2 of the 8 were already sheared off . The frame crossmember in that location was also cracked near the frame bolts...that's how nice she rode LOL..... I just need to fab up to radiator stays and remove the x brace..

Yea first truck I drove was a r model with solid mount. Wssent that bad empty but I was also 21 and dident care...Here is a pic of it.

wow,nice neat job,,what did you do for front of cab?know what you mean about youth,,was driving all beaters,in my twenties,and thirties...too old now,,our work trucks have air suspention,,thier ok,,but think the air cab is better.bob :loldude:

I installed the superliner air ride cab setup today. I used the old frame perches that held the stock arch bar. Made a beam to hold the back of the lower air bag plate. Then bolted a L brace to the frame crossmember to capture the other end of the plate. The upper part of the air bag bracket simply bolts to the bottom of the cab.ran new air lines and set the leveling valve to my liking....8 hrs later and she is a much smoother ride. No more bucking or violent shaking when you go over a bridge. Bobtailing is not a nightmare anymore. The old cab brace was cracked in 3 spots. 4of the 8 bolts snapped off with little force when trying to remove them 2 of the 8 were already sheared off . The frame crossmember in that location was also cracked near the frame bolts...that's how nice she rode LOL..... I just need to fab up to radiator stays and remove the x brace..

Man I know what you mean. Before "Momma" gave me one of her "magic whacks"; whenever I'd take out one of my trucks bobtail and hit a bump, I would start to choke on, or smash my nuts below my legs. This happened dern near every time too. Of course that was taken care of when she discovered one of my Mack acquistions.

I know a nice set of shorts would have been a lot easier, but I've never been comfortable with that as restraints are for sissies.

Looks real good Trent.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I took a set a radiator support rods off a valueliner that is heading for scrap. The rods bolt to the frame rail and capture the radiator sides using a L bracket that is welded to the radiator cage. All I had to do cut and weld L brackets to the radiator cage and drill holes in then so the support rods could run through them. Then I removed the factory X brace that held the radiator to the firewall. Last to do is install the hood rollers to the firewall so the hood and cowl don't rub..I took the truck out last night with the stock X brace and she rode good but you could still hear and feel vibrations. Tonight I removed the X brace and Omg did she quiet down. All in all this was an easy install just a lot of test fitting under the truck..

post-17-0-25924300-1313546719_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-57920200-1313546955_thumb.jpg

Hey Trent, does that yellow Valueliner still have a radiator in it? I"m needing a set of aluminum tanks for my RL797. Don't really care about the core as I'll install new.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Yep still there.. it has a larger upper tank and no provisions for the x brace..

I'll be up next week or the following. Find out what he needs for it before scrap time. If you could, snap me a photo so I can compare.

Appreciate it.

Rob