What Motor Would Have Been In An 47 Mack Ls85?

mack31

According to the Bible(Harvey Eckert's Mack fire truck book) all 85 LS's were built with the Mack 707A. If it had a different engine it had a different model designation. My 1947 85 LS has a 707A. It is serial number 1101. What is your serial number and can you post pictures? I have 2 707B's out of B model fire trucks that I would be interested in selling if you want one, but you should really have an A. I believe the difference is in the manifolds, but I am not expert. If you have a continental in a 85 LS it must have been changed at some time.

Mike Yarnall

My dads shop Engine Powered Company in Chester City PA is rebuilding the motor in Yeadon Fire Cos 47 LS 85. I am helping and will be back down the shop on wednesday I will get the serial number. There are no old members left in the company the used the Mack so they dont know if anything was changed. What would the price be on a 707a and what shape is it.

Firemack did you figure out your trans issue? Looking forward to seeing it. Great find always a fan of Hahns second to Mack of course.