My Wife Found This!

41chevy

I like Century, worked a second job in the mid 70's installing Century wrecker and car carrier bodies. Weldbilt is near me and they have 5 or 6 used carriers for sale reasonably priced. The Challenger is Aluminum. My other option is a Jer-Dan without a tow bar. Three others they have, 2 I wouldn't consider as they are crap are a pair of Nomars and the other is industructable but to much $ is an ORTEZ made in Brooklyn.

I got time to find exactly what I need so thats a plus.

I've used both Muncie and Chelsea ptos and pumps with good results and both are available close by me.

I purchased two "NoMar" steel beds new. One a 19', and the other a 22' with forklift package. Other than being very heavy, I liked them for short hauls. For a short time I tried the local wrecker service operations but exited at the one year interval. Too damn cut throat for me. That and around here there are low buck outfits still willing to tow a car for $35.00. Can't really justify doing that when running a $60,000 or better piece of equipment and paying a driver as it leaves no profit margin to maintain equipment with.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The 2 Nomars are from Avis and are just plain abused. This is to haul my stuff, the parts for my AC, the B when it is started on and other goodies. I did the tow thing years ago, N.Y. has licensed and regulated it to death here. State licensed truck and driver, (specific tow vehicle plates) county licenses, NYC licenses and a ton of town, village and township licenses. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up locating a used Weldbild Industrial Carrier body, 22 feet long, 30,000 winch with no rails just pockets, so I can add sides for other uses. It was still on the F750 so I got to see it work and look for leaks and abuse. Aside from a few chaffed lines it is good shape. The Kubota dealer is trading it in to Weldbilt for a 30 foot body on a new Hino. Decent price including the install on my truck. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE