New Mack Model Release Dates

I was just wondering when the following trucks/componets are set to come out or be discontinued:

CHU

MRU

LEU?(not sure if the LE is changing model names or not)

CL

Vision

CV/CT

MP8 Engine

MP10 Engine

CHU-AVAILABLE NOW.

MRU/LEU-AVAILABLE NOW.

CL-DISCONTINUED.

VISION IS REPLACED WITH CXU.

CV/CT-REPLACED WITH GU8 SET BACK AXLE, GU7 SET FORWARD AXLE.

MP8-AVAILABLE TO ORDER NOW.

MP10-DONT'T KNOW FOR SURE.

HOPE THIS HELPS.

The MP10 will be in the "CL replacement" scheduled for early 2008. The most that could show in at Mid-America are pictures or models.

The highway product is called Pinnacle. The CXU is axle back, the CHU is axle forward.

The construction product is still called Granite, the GU8 is axle back, and the GU7 is axle forward.

Refuse is MRU & LEU.

The "U" now means is it has a US07 engine.

Don't feel bad. The names get confusing for us also, names are created then not used. The CXU was called CXK for a while.

"The highway product is called Pinnacle. The CXU is axle back, the CHU is axle forward."

Ah I see. So the CH lives on as an axle froward model. Also will the Vision name be discontinued in favor of the Pinnacle name?

Another question is why the new small and offset Mack lettering? Is the large lettering still available?

My biggest question is the rumor of the Volvo cab replacing the Mack cab once the Mayflower contract expires true?

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Ah I see. So the CH lives on as an axle froward model. Also will the Vision name be discontinued in favor of the Pinnacle name?

Another question is why the new small and offset Mack lettering? Is the large lettering still available?

My biggest question is the rumor of the Volvo cab replacing the Mack cab once the Mayflower contract expires true?

The Vision name is replaced by Pinnacle.

I don't know about the large MACK. I haven't seen a production CHU yet.

A new cab will come some day (years). I don't know when the Mayflower contract expires. I would not call it a "Volvo" cab as much as a "global" cab.

Mack3P wrote:

A new cab will come some day (years). I don't know when the Mayflower contract expires. I would not call it a "Volvo" cab as much as a "global" cab.

A "global cab".

That sounds like what happened when Volvo installed their own cabs on Autocar & White trucks in the last years before phasing out those brands.

Does anyone else see a pattern here?

Thad wrote:

Probably to leave room for the Volvo emblems in the near future.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

I really can't see Volvo phasing out Mack due to the amount of people who buy a truck for the Mack name. I would hope that Volvo would realize thay by phasing out Mack they would loose too many customers.

In regards to the small offset lettering, I actually like it, at least its better than the Vision which only had Mack on the small emblem in the "V" (Volvos way of putting their name on Mack) on the hood. Also, isn't the small offset lettering only on the Pinnacle?