New In Ga

rhino1

not bad. i was looking at a shrinker stretcher combo from eastwood. never used one but have always wanted one. the problem i am going to have is the owner is going to think its worth more.

not bad. i was looking at a shrinker stretcher combo from eastwood. never used one but have always wanted one. the problem i am going to have is the owner is going to think its worth more.

If it were me, I'd offer $1000.00 to start. If they take it, you are ahead. if they don't you can always go up. Those trucks are plentiful if you don't get in a hurry. I have several that were started on by someone who lost interest, or could not afford the expense. Believe me they can get expensive depending on how particular you are. That $10,000 sale might cost you double to build and I'm not bullshitting anybody there. My advice for what it's worth is to get something you like and have for some time, then focus, focus, focus. Perseverance pays off in the long run if you are right from the start. Offing a project after dumping hard earned money in it can be quite painful on the old wallet. Ask my kids; they get nothing from me cause there ain't nothin left to give. I spend thier inheritance every day.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

thanks guys, im not sure im going to end up with it. when i was pricing out what i would paint a couple of his cars for, he acted like it would take most of my labor to offer for the trade. one car alone i said it would take around 5500 to do, so....i think that he thinks it is worth a lot more than it is

thanks guys, im not sure im going to end up with it. when i was pricing out what i would paint a couple of his cars for, he acted like it would take most of my labor to offer for the trade. one car alone i said it would take around 5500 to do, so....i think that he thinks it is worth a lot more than it is

ya,,,thats just what i was thinking from the start,,he thinks its a one of a kind,classic car,lol,ya,wouldnt be worth it,,like rob says,,you can find them all day long for $1500,,..bob

Most private parties haven't a clue to the cost of labor. What you are experiencing is nothing out of the ordinary. What the seller has is gold and priced accordingly, what you are worth is nil. I typically don't participate in this type of process.

Wait till you get to dealing with farmers and they only want to pay about $40.00 a gallon for paint cause that's what Allis, Deere, IH colors can be purchased for at the local farm supply outlet. If you have much experience in this business at all you know full well that $40.00 won't purchase a pint of basecoat ready to spray.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Most private parties haven't a clue to the cost of labor. What you are experiencing is nothing out of the ordinary. What the seller has is gold and priced accordingly, what you are worth is nil. I typically don't participate in this type of process.

Wait till you get to dealing with farmers and they only want to pay about $40.00 a gallon for paint cause that's what Allis, Deere, IH colors can be purchased for at the local farm supply outlet. If you have much experience in this business at all you know full well that $40.00 won't purchase a pint of basecoat ready to spray.

Rob

WHAT?!?!?! $40 doesnt buy a gallon of high quality paint??? haha, you are right. people think that what i do is so simple. i made the mistake of doing a bad swap once since i opened shop. learned my lesson and havent done it since.

From appearance it should bring between $1400-1750.00 across the scales. I would start there as the truck has suffered quite a bit of neglect through the years.

Rob

Rob, You forgot the "Blue Book add" for the optional transmission on the winch!

Rob, You forgot the "Blue Book add" for the optional transmission on the winch!

You are absolutely correct in that observation. However I wouldn't doubt that transmission has a LOT of wear on the input gear and mainshaft as they were never designed to take a side load such as that chain drive has impressed through it.

It has to add at least 1/2 million more to the basic core value.

Rob