Lift Axles

MCHAM

I need some help on lift axles. I got a quad axle RD690S, and sometimes when I drop my axles when I'm hauling azz. My truck goes to shaking real bad and when I lift the axles up it stops. I played with the air pressure and no help. It does it sometime not all the time. Also the way my truck is set up I must drop both axles.

Fixed or steerable? They should be dropped before reaching speed, I drop mine after 4 th gear.

If steerable, steering damper maybe? bad tire(s)

If you are dropping them at speed, you may have flat spots as they will skid a bit when making contact with the road. Also, hard braking can cause flat spots if air pressure is not enough.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I have the steerable axles, and I drop them soon as I hit the pavement coming out the pit. It only shakes me to death sometimes not all the time. I don't try to ride the shake out, cause I don't want to turnover with 23ton on my back. When it goes into a shake I lift thoses axles right back up, and drop down when I gotta stop.

Sounds like tires or steering. Don't get caught with them up when loaded. I lift mine either starting in to the turn or way back so the wheels are all the way u and bags re inflated. Also drop start dropping mine when I get halfway thru the turn sometimes after I straighten out. All depends what and or who is around.If on my outside controls it stays down till i stop and get out to lift them.

• 3 months later...

I need some help on lift axles. I got a quad axle RD690S, and sometimes when I drop my axles when I'm hauling azz. My truck goes to shaking real bad and when I lift the axles up it stops. I played with the air pressure and no help. It does it sometime not all the time. Also the way my truck is set up I must drop both axles.

hard to guess with out the visi check machine, but I am wondering a bout the wobble. do you have steering stabilisers on those lift axles ? - are they pretty old ? Axle could be acting up at times because it has hit a "rough patch" while the Air Springs are under inflated and thus causing / contributing to a wobble effect. But I doubt it.