Moving Flight 1549

vision386

My brother sent me a picture and link to a story about them moving flight 1549 from Jersey to the North Carolina air museum in Charlotte,(this is the one that crashed into the Hudson river,and no-one was seriously hurt) most Jersey guys will recognize J.Supor & Sons Trucking and rigging as the Heavy-haul carrier,some big equipment! (not many Macks sadly) but some really neat heavy-haul pictures on their website.............Mark http://www.jsupor.com/

post-5836-0-74449500-1307555725_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

My brother sent me a picture and link to a story about them moving flight 1549 from Jersey to the North Carolina air museum in Charlotte,(this is the one that crashed into the Hudson river,and no-one was seriously hurt) most Jersey guys will recognize J.Supor & Sons Trucking and rigging as the Heavy-haul carrier,some big equipment! (not many Macks sadly) but some really neat heavy-haul pictures on their website.............Mark http://www.jsupor.com/

wow,,,pretty impressive,mark...thanks....bob

Saw they couldn't make an on ramp, so had to back up an exit ramp. LOOOOOOOOOOOONG load

Something like 20 vehicles altogether, to remove fences,traffic lites,....

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Saw they couldn't make an on ramp, so had to back up an exit ramp. LOOOOOOOOOOOONG load

Something like 20 vehicles altogether, to remove fences,traffic lites,....

Gotta be nerve racking trying to hoss something around that damn long! one wrong move an you're F**KED! i give a lot of credit to the guys that run oversize,not something i would want to do!.................Mark

Mark,

You just answered my own question!! I almost forgot, I'm from Jersey, why would they do it the cheaper way??

Ernie DS

Ernie,thats one of the reasons i'm down here in the sticks! LOL!...............Mark

It's spending the night just up the road... on I77 North of 460 in WV. It's going through the tunnels in the AM - that should be interesting!

Why would they go through the mountains instead of straight down I85 ?

Might be height issues that way.Also could of been a width problem. With that being on a perimeter trailer anything is possible. Routing might be easier coming down 77,Then hitting eery detour they might have the extra out of route that way may of been shorter then the out of route coming 95 to 85. I would be sure that with the height,length, And width, they probably are not seeing much interstate. Just getting done with a high load myself yesterday a 79 mile run was 165. too down 1 phone line smacked a few others. hit a road sign,and I was only 14'5" Tunnels shouldn't be a problem I forget how tall they are but last time I came thru they had a 12 wide restriction.

Edited by slpwlker

Might be height issues that way.Also could of been a width problem. With that being on a perimeter trailer anything is possible. Routing might be easier coming down 77,Then hitting eery detour they might have the extra out of route that way may of been shorter then the out of route coming 95 to 85. I would be sure that with the height,length, And width, they probably are not seeing much interstate. Just getting done with a high load myself yesterday a 79 mile run was 165. too down 1 phone line smacked a few others. hit a road sign,and I was only 14'5" Tunnels shouldn't be a problem I forget how tall they are but last time I came thru they had a 12 wide restriction.

hehe,,,a friend of mine,,he,s passed on now,,but he used to tell me storie,s like that all the time,always hitting stuff,couldnt be helped,said he dragged a traffic light..overhead type like 75 miles one time...cop watched him hit it,its just funny to listen to,afterwards,he hauled overloads for years,,said it used to be a great paying gig,,years back..he enjoyed it,no nights,no weekends,no holidays,and always pilot cars,usually had the whole road to yourself...bob

If you can handle being heavy and wide it is a great gig. Nights off. usually find a good spot to park in if planned well. usually 1/2 a day saturday or all day and no sundays. Depending on the state. some holidays off. And oh yeah I got stories. I think everybody doing this has a story or 10

If you can handle being heavy and wide it is a great gig. Nights off. usually find a good spot to park in if planned well. usually 1/2 a day saturday or all day and no sundays. Depending on the state. some holidays off. And oh yeah I got stories. I think everybody doing this has a story or 10

lol,,,ya expect you gotta millian of them,,,well glad to see its still a pretty good position,thats great