How Come No Superliner?

I saw a post recently,about the new "Transformers" movie featuring some Mack models,just wondered why we don't have a restored Superliner touring the country to promote the new "Cars" movie? Our Aussie friends down under have a sharp looking Trident doing just that!...............Mark

post-5836-0-08019900-1307416625_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-33075800-1307416637_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-43539800-1307416659_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I saw a post recently,about the new "Transformers" movie featuring some Mack models,just wondered why we don't have a restored Superliner touring the country to promote the new "Cars" movie? Our Aussie friends down under have a sharp looking Trident doing just that!...............Mark

i would drive that down the road just like that, with the eyes in the window and mouth on bumper,......looks cool

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

hey,mark,,,didnt they use a europian mack,,,in the first one? maybe im thinking of a differant movie...bob

Don't know about any european models,the only one in the original movie was based on a Superliner II.............voiced by John Ratzenberger ( The mailman from cheers).........Mark

post-5836-0-58026500-1307466532_thumb.gi

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Problem is that Mack under Renault's "leadership" killed the Superliner and Volvo killed the last of the R models. Thus there's no point in promoting a product you're no longer making. Paccar doesn't have this problem, as they've had the good sense to keep their legacy products like the W900 and 359 in production.

Don't know about any european models,the only one in the original movie was based on a Superliner II.............voiced by John Ratzenberger ( The mailman from cheers).........Mark

haha,,,thanks man..dont know what i was thinking,guess my memory is slipping..im getting old.ya hear me?..bob

Problem is that Mack under Renault's "leadership" killed the Superliner and Volvo killed the last of the R models. Thus there's no point in promoting a product you're no longer making. Paccar doesn't have this problem, as they've had the good sense to keep their legacy products like the W900 and 359 in production.

what ever happened to paccar,and the signal company??????bob