Need A Steering Shaft For My Superliner

And to top it off and really drive you nuts, Mines is a 86 with round head lights. There suppose to be square

IMG_20110430_142503.jpg

No they are not. I've mentioned twice in this thread you have aSuperliner ONE. Maybe it says 86 on the paper work but that truck was built long before that. Maybe the drive line was installed in the kit in 86. Post your VIN. I'm sure one of members here can tell you the build date for the factory portion.

No they are not. I've mentioned twice in this thread you have aSuperliner ONE. Maybe it says 86 on the paper work but that truck was built long before that. Maybe the drive line was installed in the kit in 86. Post your VIN. I'm sure one of members here can tell you the build date for the factory portion.

I never said it was a superliner 2. I'm just trying to say that i thought it was really wierd that i have a superliner1 and the title says 86.

God only knows the history of this truck and how it was put together.

I never said it was a superliner 2. I'm just trying to say that i thought it was really wierd that i have a superliner1 and the title says 86.

God only knows the history of this truck and how it was put together.

I've seen several glider trucks in years past set on dealer's lots in excess of two years and yet be titled as a current model year truck when assembled. This is possibly the story with yours.

Nice truck no matter the story. Kinda like the round light look myself but not that steering gear setup.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

LAZR GUIRA,

that's a very clean machine you got there! I'm in process of building a scale model of a Superliner I, so this thread is valuable reference for me. Black headlight frames look very interesting! That steering arrangement is pretty unusual and it took me a lot of head scratching to figure out. I was assisted by one particularily helpful forum member (thanks again!), and I got the steering axle done, but I still need the shaft made - just in scale. Here's a link to my model build thread:

Superliner Scale Model

Could you post some pictures of your truck (from under the hood) there? Thanks in advance for your help, have a nice weekend

Paweł

LAZR GUIRA,

that's a very clean machine you got there! I'm in process of building a scale model of a Superliner I, so this thread is valuable reference for me. Black headlight frames look very interesting! That steering arrangement is pretty unusual and it took me a lot of head scratching to figure out. I was assisted by one particularily helpful forum member (thanks again!), and I got the steering axle done, but I still need the shaft made - just in scale. Here's a link to my model build thread:

Superliner Scale Model

Could you post some pictures of your truck (from under the hood) there? Thanks in advance for your help, have a nice weekend

Paweł

Thanks. It's still a work in progress. still missing stainless sunvisor,2 chrome stacks,etc....wanna make it look Mean! I'll see if can get you some more pics for you scale model.