New Mack Program

I had my 99 etech 350 programmed to a 400 at my local mack dealer last week. They ordered a program from Mack using my VIN. Before the upgrade I was showing 27 psi of boost when loaded on a hard pull. After the "upgrade" I now show 23psi sometimes maybe get 24... no real different feeling when driving at all... I am doing 6 or 7 loads a day to the same place pulling the same hills so I have a good consistent run to compare. I know 50 hp is not a huge difference, but it seems like i should see some improvement. Are the new progams from Mack low emissions, is that a factor? I know they changed to a 400 because a private owned shop near me has a pro-link, and that shows the info as E7-400. I am surprised the boost went down. We tested my charge air cooler and it has no leaks. I just wondered if any of the Mack gurus on here could shed some light on this and tell me where I am goin wrong. Thank you, Andy

Don't quote me on this but with some horse power changes the cam key must be changed yours my be one of these!

1999 Tune up specs say you're right. The 1999 E-Tech 350 uses straight key, the 1999 E-Tech 400 uses offset key with white end out.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Thanks guys... Have the specs changed? I looked on Mack trucks website under service in the online publications section. That shows both the 350 and 400 for 1999/2000 having straight key, no color code. Is that something Mack has put a bulletin on or updated after it was published on their site?

Also when trying to change user settings with the pro-link, It is password protected. My Mack dealer says they did not put the password on, would there be one from the factory, or Is there a way to get around that? Mack dealer says $150 to re-flash and change it for me. I am trying not to spend any more money on that... after $300 to make the truck the same horsepower it already was. lol Thank you, Andy

Edited by HubMackDM

Thanks guys... Have the specs changed? I looked on Mack trucks website under service in the online publications section. That shows both the 350 and 400 for 1999/2000 having straight key, no color code. Is that something Mack has put a bulletin on or updated after it was published on their site?

Also when trying to change user settings with the pro-link, It is password protected. My Mack dealer says they did not put the password on, would there be one from the factory, or Is there a way to get around that? Mack dealer says $150 to re-flash and change it for me. I am trying not to spend any more money on that... after $300 to make the truck the same horsepower it already was. lol Thank you, Andy

I went back and rechecked and it looks like you're right, the manual shows both using the straight key. I think I may have looked at the specs for the 427. In any case, Rowdy was right. I shouldn't have quoted anything, sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"