Air Ride Cab Kit For 86 Superliner.

Cabmate makes/sells them new but they are pricy. May have to fab one up. or call global truck parts...but get in line im still waiting for my air ride kit!!!!!

fabbing one up would be extremly easy for me since im a computer designer/programmer. I wish i had a design to go by.

I have access to just about every pc of equipment here at work. (laser,turrets,welders,pressbrakes, powder coat line etc....)

If any body has some pics or parts list that i would need please let me know. Yea i saw the cabmate ones and they are $800+.. way too much IMO. Thx

fabbing one up would be extremly easy for me since im a computer designer/programmer. I wish i had a design to go by.

I have access to just about every pc of equipment here at work. (laser,turrets,welders,pressbrakes, powder coat line etc....)

If any body has some pics or parts list that i would need please let me know. Yea i saw the cabmate ones and they are $800+.. way too much IMO. Thx

Hi, I did my cab on the duck replica I am building, bags were 65.00 each, shocks were south cal chrome shocks for 130.00 pair, level valve was 100.00 then brackets were 40.00 will get pic tomorrow. my bags sit on out side of chassis, factory they are at the back in the middle. now pics attached. :)

Grant

post-2194-0-58195300-1305640337_thumb.jp

post-2194-0-87931300-1305640363_thumb.jp

• 11 months later...

Hi guys , It's been a while but I'm back on the Air cab prodject and have a bit of a problem. I bought an OEM kit from a Rmodel and they sent me the 2 main brackets that hold the Cab in the front.( see pics of the juck yard truck).

My question is,Can I keep my currect brackets even thow they are a bit different? Also The brackets They sent have a treaded rod that runs from bracket to bracket almost like some type of sway bar. So how hard is ir going to be to convert my truck over to air cab? If i can keep my current brackets and due without the rod then it should be a snap.

but if those style brackets and that treaded rod play a major role in the function of that air cab suspension then I'm screwed becuase they don't look like they would clear my tanks and battery box. If anybody has pics of their setup I would greatly appreciate it. I will attach a pic of my truck so you can see my tank and battery box setup.

my truck

IMG_20110430_142503.jpg

IMG_20110430_142515.jpg

junkyard truck

1987MACKRWAIRRIDECABPARTS006.jpg

1987MACKRWAIRRIDECABPARTS007.jpg

1987MACKRWAIRRIDECABPARTS005.jpg

1987MACKRWAIRRIDECABPARTS004.jpg

1987MACKRWAIRRIDECABPARTS004.jpg

1987MACKRWAIRRIDECABPARTS002.jpg

OH WOW...thanks for answers. I decided to check back to see if anyone responded today. And yes LMACK ATTACK we did meet at the magio truck stop. glad to hear from you.

Well the brackets I have dont look like the one in the pictures BUT they work exacltly the same just a slightly different design. I thing for sure is that the ones i bought in the junk yard are made out of solid metal and the ones on my truck seem to be out of cast metal. both are very strong and similar and bolt on the same way. I think mine were made to clear my large tanks (105 gal each side). definetly OEM brackets.

oh and yes I have the arched bar bolted on the frame brackets just like you buddy. And anybody have any pics of these so called hood rollers for movement?

Thanks guys. also it would be easier to email me at work RRODRIGUEZ@EMT333.COM Becuase i get the emails instantly.

• Like 1

I have some pics of the rollers and the whole set up. I might be up by my truck this sunday. I will get some pics of everthing for you so you can see how I did the swap. I was able to do the whole swap in an afternoon.

I got your message. I will try to call you today.

Regards

Trent