R Model Vin Numbers

Hi, hope all is well every body.

can anyone tell me where these 2 trucks were on a production line? was one in front of the other on the same line?

the truck I am building has bits from both these an 2 other trucks.

just curious.

Grant

post-2194-0-95761500-1305040673_thumb.jp

Grant, I tried looking them up but they don't come up in the system yet.

Hi, there from 1970s one was an F model and the other an R model. the F is the one I pulled the engine, axles an radiator from.

the R is the water truck in my pics.

Grant

The ENDT866 was first available in the '73 model year if I remember right,those are both fairly early numbers,so I'd guess '73 or early '74.

would they have been sitting on the assembly line one behind the other?

would they have been sitting on the assembly line one behind the other?

If they had been built at the Hayward,CA plant I would say yes.But the eastern made Macks all started over with 1001 with each seperate model,so while it is possible they were built together,I wouldn't guarantee it.

If they had been built at the Hayward,CA plant I would say yes.But the eastern made Macks all started over with 1001 with each seperate model,so while it is possible they were built together,I wouldn't guarantee it.

Hi, will all ways wonder. was surprised when i had seen the numbers were one behind the other. these things were like you say most likely built next to each other, they have then come half way around the world to here then both trucks have ended up in my hands. I would love to confirm that they were on that line together.

Grant

If the trucks were assembled in the USA the Mack Customer Center has the records. Web site? PH # is- 610 351 8999.

I have a question, was there or is there an assembly plant in Australia?

FW

Hi, will look for a website, thanks. there was an assembly plant in Brisbane, not sure when this was, then it moved to sydney, but they cant tell me much, or i keep getting someone who does not know about the vin side of things.

Grant

The Man to contact re australian mack imformation is Gary Richards he is very knowledgableand helpfull in all assepts re MACKS he has helped us with various things

email gary.richards@macktrucks.com

Hi, I will send him an email, thankyou

Grant