Water Pump Went Out Today

Took the truck to get a safty sticker.I got to the repair place and then remembered it was sunday not saturday...Dummy... left the garage and noticed that the temp was at 200. it never goes above 180 in this cool weather. turned the heater fan on and it was blowing warm but not hot. I was hoping I could get to my house about 2 miles away but lit got to 225 and then pulled over to let her cool. I checked the level and notice it was very low. there was a creek 20' from me so I found a pop bottle and used it to put about 2 gallons of water in the rad. I got back in fired it up and the temp dropped to 155 in about 10 secs of running. I got it back to the shop and saw water dripping under the truck. I then saw that the weep hole in the water pump is spitting out water. not a hard job but wondering do i just buy a reman or take it to a shop to get rebuilt?

Took the truck to get a safty sticker.I got to the repair place and then remembered it was sunday not saturday...Dummy... left the garage and noticed that the temp was at 200. it never goes above 180 in this cool weather. turned the heater fan on and it was blowing warm but not hot. I was hoping I could get to my house about 2 miles away but lit got to 225 and then pulled over to let her cool. I checked the level and notice it was very low. there was a creek 20' from me so I found a pop bottle and used it to put about 2 gallons of water in the rad. I got back in fired it up and the temp dropped to 155 in about 10 secs of running. I got it back to the shop and saw water dripping under the truck. I then saw that the weep hole in the water pump is spitting out water. not a hard job but wondering do i just buy a reman or take it to a shop to get rebuilt?

I think I saw a box for a ReMack water pump on the counter when I dropped my truck off last Monday for mine to get done. Sure, I could have swapped the part out myself...outside...in the rain...but they ended up doing a LOT more than JUST the water pump for me....and I stayed dry.

...but if a water pump is all you need, there will be less down time involved in buying a remanufactured unit and swapping it out as opposed to having yours rebuilt.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Trent:

Any good radiator shops around Kanzler's yard area? I need to get my RL797 recored and don't care for any of the shops in Peoria.

E6 series water pumps are easy to get reman and are not expensive.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

there are shops around but It seams I can find them for cheeper online.

Time is money. If it takes 3 days for the online purchase to get to you, but you can go to a local shop first thing tomorrow morning and have your truck back in service by noon, have you really saved anything buying online?

Not to mention helping the local economy when you buy local...

Just a thought.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

these were NOS Mack remans on Ebay...looks like it was sold from a local repair shop?

I always support the little guys. Dont shop at the Big box stores unless I cant find it. Lately the dealer prices have came way down. i was abel to get a reman starter for 20 more than a rebuild... this truck is a toy for the moment. I got till the end of the month till I need it again..

I'd guess the casting for the pump would be the part number you'd need. I would assume you could build that casting with different sized pulleys for varying uses...but that casting would be what you need to match up with your engine block.

...but then again, what do I know? :tease:

Trent, 360GB443B number on the casting is the part number for just the housing. 309GC2215 is the number for the pulley. The water pump assembly is a 316GC1184B (that number will supersede, but I'm not sure to what).

• Like 1

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Trent, 360GB443B number on the casting is the part number for just the housing. 309GC2215 is the number for the pulley. The water pump assembly is a 316GC1184B (that number will supersede, but I'm not sure to what).

You were correct again Rhasler. Got the pump on Thursday and it went in that night. On Sat I re did all the rubber coolant hoses to the Radiator and oil cooler.

Thanks again!