Got A New Air Compressor....

RowdyRebel

This was my OLD compressor...and OLD is an understatement. Probably 40+ years old and only a 20 gallon tank. Took forever to air up, and only pumped up to 125 psi. Airing up truck tires was a chore and don't even get me started on the hassle changing tires trying to bust lug nuts loose with my 3/4" gun. :wacko: Not to mention, it was pushing a LOT of oil into the tank...it was on it's last leg.

l.jpg

I had a line running through the garage wall to a hose reel out where the truck parks...which was nice, since I didn't have to open the garage or drag out air hoses if I needed to air up a tire during my pre-trip.

l.jpg

Anyway, after the last safety meeting, I went up the road to Rural King to wander around a bit...forget what I even went in there for now...but I saw they were having a "tax-free" sale. Basically, they'd discount the price of the items you purchase so that after the tax is calculated, the total will be the marked sticker price. Anyway, I got to looking at air compressors and ended up taking one home with me. :banana:

l.jpg

It's even got a built-in regulator...which I keep set for the pressure I run my truck tires at. Airing up a tire during my pre-trip now is as easy as locking the chuck onto the tire valve and walking away. :thumb:

l.jpg

l.jpg

I removed the 2" plug in the side of the tank and installed a 2" street elbow...then reduced it to 1/2" and put a 1/2" quick-connect to power my 3/4" impact for tire duty. I also changed the two 1/4" quick-connects out for 3/8" quick-connects since that's what I use on all my tools here at the house. There was a third plug in the regulated line that I removed to run the 1/4" line out to the hose reel.

l.jpg

So far, I'm pretty happy with it. I'm actually looking forward to changing some tires around later this week (if the wind, rain, hail, lightning, tornadoes, etc. ever lets up). B)

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I think you should leave it mounted in the Ranger for those unexpected road calls. Looks good cruising to the Tastee-Freez as well.

Seriously, the right compressor makes tire work so much easier. I upgraded a couple years ago when my neighbor sold me his single stage 80 gallon compressor, similar to your new one. I have been very pleased with it and I am sure you will enjoy your new purchase.

Gregg

Well, you covered everything real well, cept, I wanna know how noisy it is. Put the ole docimeter next to it and give me a decibel reading please, thank you. Ifn its louder than my wife, will take two. randyp

It's about as noisy as the old one...not too bad. It's on the opposite side of the garage as the house, so it really doesn't bother me inside if it happens to kick on.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I think you should leave it mounted in the Ranger for those unexpected road calls. Looks good cruising to the Tastee-Freez as well.

Seriously, the right compressor makes tire work so much easier. I upgraded a couple years ago when my neighbor sold me his single stage 80 gallon compressor, similar to your new one. I have been very pleased with it and I am sure you will enjoy your new purchase.

Gregg

Unfortunately it is a 240V motor on it...and the only place I got that is in the garage. I'd have to repower it some other way to leave it in the Ranger...and a horizontal tank would work much better in that application...less top-heavy. :blink: