6 Speed

Red Horse

Guys,

What is the proper nomenclature for the six speed TWO STICK-not air shift- that was used with 237 Maxidynes?

TRDL-107 if direct, TRDL1070 if overdrive, and TRDL-1071 if the deep reduction low gear; 23:1 reduction. The low reduction trans was only available in direct as is my understanding. I have one in my R795 and it's a nice gearset.

Rob

Herb is correct as the TRDL-107 is an air shifted 10 speed. I have this trans in my RL797. The trans in the R795 is a TRXL1071.

Sorry for the confusion.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

TRXL107, or TRXL1071, depending on whether it's the "lo", or "lo lo" version.

At the beginning of the Maxidyne era, there were also the TRDXL 107 & the TRDXL 1070, but those are much less popular.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Guys- Rob says .."air shifted." I'm talking about the one with two sticks- not the one with the air valve on the stick.

Yes, we understand your question. Herb is correct in the answers provided. The air shifted six speed transmissions had an "A" designation after the number.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The Maxitorque two lever transmissions;

Reverse + 5 speeds in main box, lo + hi in compound TRDXL107

Reverse + 5 speeds in main box, lo-lo + hi in compound TRDXL1071

(lo, lo-lo can only be used in first and reverse due to interlock in shift rail)

Reverse + 5 speeds in main box. direct + hi in compound TRDXL1070

(hi can only be used in 5th due to interlock in shift rail) hi is overdrive and in the compound.

Used in eariler trucks.

5 speeds main box, rev + lo + direct compound TRXL107

5 speeds main box, rev + lo-lo + direct compound TRXL1071

As stated in other posts this is the most common, and called the six speed low hole around here.

FW

10-4 guys- thx- I have Duplex behind a Maxidyne in my 56, and everyone keeps telling me the back half won't take the torque of a 237 so I'm planing ahead.

It will hold up good with an easy throttle foot and sensible treatment. A "Maxitorque" will eventually fail with abusive treatment although they are much heavier built for the "Maxidyne" high torque rise series of engine.

Rob