New Feather In My Trucking Hatju

bubbamobilin

You're gettin' close! LOL! there will be only one more test on your supertrucker application,that will be chaining-up on the feather river canyon in january! and have you delivered at least one load of chicken???...........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

You're gettin' close! LOL! there will be only one more test on your supertrucker application,that will be chaining-up on the feather river canyon in january! and have you delivered at least one load of chicken???...........Mark

I took some chains just in case but luckily I didn't have to use them. There was still a lot of snow on top of Togwotee Pass and over on the Sisters.

Well you know I would rather push a Mack than drive a Peterbilt!!!

Don't know nobody that actually "drives" a Peterbilt. Point "A" to point "B" is just anticipation of the next breakdown.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Don't know nobody that actually "drives" a Peterbilt. Point "A" to point "B" is just anticipation of the next breakdown.

Rob

I drove one to Hammond,In. and back twice this week with no breakdowns. In fact,i've had over 9 days of trouble free trucking now.

I do have all the Pete shops in the U.S, Canada, and Mexico on speed dial, but that's just a precautionary measure.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Wow you guys are harsh on Petes lol. Well so far since the inframe minus taking it back because they didn't put a gasket on the front cover and it leaked oil. Been good. Little odds and ends other then that nothing bad. Did loose a driveshaft in SLidell and limped it home to Fl after shaker wouldn't work on it. I can't complain. just a few more little things to fix but hell they all have little bugs or something

Wow you guys are harsh on Petes lol. Well so far since the inframe minus taking it back because they didn't put a gasket on the front cover and it leaked oil. Been good. Little odds and ends other then that nothing bad. Did loose a driveshaft in SLidell and limped it home to Fl after shaker wouldn't work on it. I can't complain. just a few more little things to fix but hell they all have little bugs or something

I should have said Cat shops. I've just had lots of minor Cat engine trouble,no major problems or issues of any kind with Peterbilt.

I drove one to Hammond,In. and back twice this week with no breakdowns. In fact,i've had over 9 days of trouble free trucking now.

I do have all the Pete shops in the U.S, Canada, and Mexico on speed dial, but that's just a precautionary measure.

That does it. I'm calling "Ripley's Believe it or Not".

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

What year Cat?

It's a 2006 C-15 acert, 550 with the twin turbos. I've had about 15 intake valve actuator faults. Doesn't take long to fix, but it gets aggravating because it happens so frequently. Each tag represents a trip to Carter Cat, and I didn't start keeping them as souveniers until I accumulated a bunch of them!

It's a 2006 C-15 acert, 550 with the twin turbos. I've had about 15 intake valve actuator faults. Doesn't take long to fix, but it gets aggravating because it happens so frequently. Each tag represents a trip to Carter Cat, and I didn't start keeping them as souveniers until I accumulated a bunch of them!

Makes me glad I got the pre Acert stuff. 98 3406E here 600. My main prob was turbo and manifold gaskets. Took care of that put a Pittsburgh power manifold on it and put a small muffler on as the straights got old and not enough pressure to keep from overspinning the turbo. What I was told.Also keeps my egt's alittle lower.

Makes me glad I got the pre Acert stuff. 98 3406E here 600. My main prob was turbo and manifold gaskets. Took care of that put a Pittsburgh power manifold on it and put a small muffler on as the straights got old and not enough pressure to keep from overspinning the turbo. What I was told.Also keeps my egt's alittle lower.

I read the free truck newspaper that you pick up at all the truckstops,can't remember the name of it,but I know enough to know those Pittsburgh Power guys know their shit("stuff",if it's before 10:00 pm)! Jeff (my truck owner/boss) got rid of a W900 with a C-16 600 Cat last year because he thought it would eventually blow a head gasket,but Pittsburgh Power tells you exactly why the head gaskets blow, and how to prevent it when you put head gaskets on them.

I read the free truck newspaper that you pick up at all the truckstops,can't remember the name of it,but I know enough to know those Pittsburgh Power guys know their shit("stuff",if it's before 10:00 pm)! Jeff (my truck owner/boss) got rid of a W900 with a C-16 600 Cat last year because he thought it would eventually blow a head gasket,but Pittsburgh Power tells you exactly why the head gaskets blow, and how to prevent it when you put head gaskets on them.

Thats why I had to do an inframe. Blew the head gasket. It had gotten hot and never cycled the fan and before I realized it the buzzer went off. But I think it was gone before that as it had for as long as I can remember owning this you could never fill the rad completely up. would blow it out the overflow. Long story short I started having injector problems about 2 months befoe the truck was downed. Took it to cat had a bad connection on one. It ran good but always seemed to get warm. This still runs warm and probally in a few months I am goingto go to Pittsburgh and get one of there radiators and thermostats stuffed in here. My other probs where just the manifold gaskets between the joints of the 3 piece exhaust manifold and where the turbo goes on.

I always heard the old single turbo 550's were a lot better,and I haven't seen anything to make me believe otherwise.

I have to say, a 550 Cat is an awesome piece of equipment when it's right-that is,engine light's not on- best pulling truck I ever drove.

Don't feel bad, I've got a Pete now too. N14 Cummins tho, none of that yellow crap.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Don't feel bad, I've got a Pete now too. N14 Cummins tho, none of that yellow crap.

I drove several N14's,years of trouble free driving. Last truck before the Pete was a W900 with 525 N14, but I believe the best pulling one was a 9400 IH with a 460 N14 and 4.10 rears that was turned up to 500 hp.

I drove several N14's,years of trouble free driving. Last truck before the Pete was a W900 with 525 N14, but I believe the best pulling one was a 9400 IH with a 460 N14 and 4.10 rears that was turned up to 500 hp.

The one I've got was originally a 460hp and was turned to 525...with 6" pipes on it... B) But the jake is pretty obnoxious. I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg