Who remembers 1926. It was 8 yrs after WW1, Calvin Coolidge was President,Charlie Chaplin, Douglas Fairbanks and Mary Pickford were movie idols.Here are some pictures of MY 1926 AB serial # 517691. It was originally sold out of the Chicago branch on Tuesday June 25th 1926 to Mike Miller of Cedar Lake, Indiana. Chassis list price was $3,000.00 dollars. BHP @30 @ 1160RPM and maxium speed is @ 30. This truck was originally setup to haul milk from Pectone, Ill. and Schneider, Ind. to the Bowman Dairy at their River Forest plant. This gleaming Mack with its shining brass top radiator had a 4 cylinder with a bore and stroke of 4" x 5". Driveline is through a 4 speed brownie, Midship differential and dual chain drive. There is no front brakes, The handbrake standing 3ft off the floor operated off the rear wheels, while the footbrake clampes down on on driveshaft drum. Inside the wooden framed cab, the steering column rises almost vertically from the floor. you needed to be tough in the arms in those days, the steering gear ratios were pretty direct and power steering was still light years away. To drive, all you have to do(shades of Maxidyne) was to push through the 4 speeds, get her high gear and trundle along @ 30MPH. In 1931 the truck was turned into a wrecker. In 1941 the engine was again changed, this time to a more powerful BG type six cylinder. In 1959 the bulldog was sold to Pure Oil Gas Station in St. John. We bought the truck in 1962 and brought it to Tulsa, Okla. has been here every since. We have re-modeled our parts dept. and the little Mack resides there. Shortly I will make room for the 1959 B61 to sit proudly along side her. Thought some you might like to hear this story and see the pictures.

post-253-1166290379_thumb.jpg

post-253-1166290390_thumb.jpg

post-253-1166290401_thumb.jpg

post-253-1166290413_thumb.jpg

post-253-1166290425_thumb.jpg

post-253-1166290439_thumb.jpg

Who remembers 1926. It was 8 yrs after WW1, Calvin Coolidge was President,Charlie Chaplin, Douglas Fairbanks and Mary Pickford were movie idols.Here are some pictures of MY 1926 AB serial # 517691. It was originally sold out of the Chicago branch on Tuesday June 25th 1926 to Mike Miller of Cedar Lake, Indiana. Chassis list price was $3,000.00 dollars. BHP @30 @ 1160RPM and maxium speed is @ 30. This truck was originally setup to haul milk from Pectone, Ill. and Schneider, Ind. to the Bowman Dairy at their River Forest plant. This gleaming Mack with its shining brass top radiator had a 4 cylinder with a bore and stroke of 4" x 5". Driveline is through a 4 speed brownie, Midship differential and dual chain drive. There is no front brakes, The handbrake standing 3ft off the floor operated off the rear wheels, while the footbrake clampes down on on driveshaft drum. Inside the wooden framed cab, the steering column rises almost vertically from the floor. you needed to be tough in the arms in those days, the steering gear ratios were pretty direct and power steering was still light years away. To drive, all you have to do(shades of Maxidyne) was to push through the 4 speeds, get her high gear and trundle along @ 30MPH. In 1931 the truck was turned into a wrecker. In 1941 the engine was again changed, this time to a more powerful BG type six cylinder. In 1959 the bulldog was sold to Pure Oil Gas Station in St. John. We bought the truck in 1962 and brought it to Tulsa, Okla. has been here every since. We have re-modeled our parts dept. and the little Mack resides there. Shortly I will make room for the 1959 B61 to sit proudly along side her. Thought some you might like to hear this story and see the pictures.

Rick, both of your trucks are good looking are you planning on going to Macungie next year or is it too far, would like to see them out there with all the other Macks. Ron

Forgive my ignorance but what exactly does spark advance do? Does advance make the plug fire closer to top dead center or further down during the power stroke?

If I remember correctly its just for ignition control for the engine in diffrent temps or altitude. you could andvance or retard the ignition timing to keep the engine running smooth. lots of older cars had them.

someone correct me if im wrong