Unleashed... Mack Brings Back The Superliner!

(Embargoed until April 1, 2011) Allentown, PA-Exclusive to BMT:

Since 1993 their has been a gaping hole in the Mack lineup. A hole the size of a proud and unapologetic long hood, high nose conventional as only Mack can build them. Sure, the Titan was a good heavy hauler- but it had a set back axle that gave away up to a thousand pounds of payload and it's cooling system was cut down to fit it's sloping hood and metric chassis. OK for hauling Volvo's biggest dozer across the eastern seaboard, but iffy for pulling a 100 ton 20 axle gravel train across South Dakota in 110 degree heat at 75 miles per hour, all day long.

The foundation for the brute is Mack's MaxiFrame, a full 12 inches deep and 6 inches wider than competitor's obsolete frames. A full 40 inches wide, the new MaxiFrame gives more service room around powertrain components while improving strength and stability. On top of that frame and legendary Mack powertrain sits the Mack "Mayflower" cab, again several inches wider and more spacious than the original Superliner's R model cab. Veteran Mack fanatics have noted the styling similarities of the R and Mayflower cabs. Careful Mack designers expanded the Superliners hood to match the Mayflower cab; The result is an even longer, wider, and more spacious hood and engine compartment that is so faithful to the original Superliner's lines that you have to be within feet to tell the old and new Superliners apart. Underneath that massive hood is the biggest radiator ever installed in a Mack, or any other brand for that matter, highway truck with plenty of room for anything short of large locomotive diesels.

Pending action from the Justice Department Antitrust Division the new Mack Superliner will be available immediately with the traditional full range of Mack and vendor powertrains.

I fell for an April fools today and so did a coworker. One coworker came inside from smoking a cigarette and told me he heard a plane crash at the nearby airport and saw smoke billowing up, I ran out to check but saw nothing and then it dawned on me. My friend and coworker came into the room I was working in sat down and told me he was just pranked big time. He said his girlfriend called sounding very upset and told him she was pregnant. She then said she was moving back in with her mother across the country. He was distraught for about half an hour until she called back and said "april fools!".

People are cruel rolleyes.gif

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!