Trucking News: Mexican Trucks Will Have EOBRs

BMT Forum Bot

Additional details are emerging on the agreement between the U.S. and Mexico to reopen the border to long-distance trucking.

A Department of Transportation official speaking on background confirmed that under the plan, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration will require Mexican trucks to use electronic onboard recorders as part of their satellite tracking systems.

View the full article

Additional details are emerging on the agreement between the U.S. and Mexico to reopen the border to long-distance trucking.

A Department of Transportation official speaking on background confirmed that under the plan, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration will require Mexican trucks to use electronic onboard recorders as part of their satellite tracking systems.

View the full article

So the flood gates have opened. I wonder how much port traffic will be "diverted" to Mexican ports close to the US border.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

oh and the american taxpayer will install these on board recorders free of charge to our brothers south of the border whereas us american truckers will be expected to fork over $3000 or more for the privilege of monitoring ourselves. well maybe $5 fuel will keep them south for a while. i wonder will they be driving MACKS, maybe mackpro68 will have to take a crash course in spanish. i have him nearly trained in gaelic already. a quick learner...

Edited by kilo6

Wonder if American Trucks will be allowed into mexico? not that anyone would want to go there. THis really sticks me bad. With all the job issues we have here and that Idoit in office thinks this is a good idea. Not to mention the killings,drugs,Illegals that we already deal with now this. Some times I just want to pack up and head to Western Central Canada and just get on with things.

Wonder if American Trucks will be allowed into mexico? not that anyone would want to go there. THis really sticks me bad. With all the job issues we have here and that Idoit in office thinks this is a good idea. Not to mention the killings,drugs,Illegals that we already deal with now this. Some times I just want to pack up and head to Western Central Canada and just get on with things.

Come on up Trent I got spair cot in the basement! bob0