Leaking Fuel Cap

Anybody know of anyway to stop the vented cap from leaking. I try to keep a nice truck and i polish my fuel tank about once every other month. But mack Vents the cap and not the tank. SO fuel leaks out of the cap and runs down the side of my tank. It looks like shit and pisses me off big time. Im always out there wipeing the fuel off. I bought new gaskets and a whole new fuel cap and it still does it.

Is there a fix to this?? Or is it one of them things im going to have to live with??

100_0406.jpg100_0301.jpg

My Facebook.

Feel free to add me as a friend. Just tell me your from BMT.

I have been living with this for 11 years now. I haven't figgered it out yet. Annoying, ain't it?

Gregg

and I thought my "fix" for this was "cheesy" but it worked.

Hi Gregg;

Do you know what a bulkhead fitting is? Install one of those into the top of the tank by drilling a 5/8ths hole in the top and using a kid with a skinny arm through the fuel fill opening install the nut onto the backside of the gasketed bulkhead fitting. After this is tightened so it won't leak at the fitting, obtain a length of stainless round tubing and bend it into a "J" type fashion with a hand bender. Then offset this "J" bend up under the cab or near the frame so it doesn't present itself as a hazard. Either safety wire a piece of screen on the opening, or shove the screen into the opening to keep mud bobbers out and you will be set. I would then solder the vent hole shut in the cap.

Just ensure your vent is placed above the level of liquid fuel when the tank is full and you'll have no problems.

Damn, now I been thinking on Sunday morning and the pain is just beginning.......

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.