'82 Rws788Lst Superliner

post-61-0-06970900-1299454104_thumb.jpg

Brought this old girl home today.1982 RWS788LST,early tip turbine E6-350,Dynatard,TRDL1070 splitter 10 speed,4:42 rears on Neway,212" wheelbase,11R24.5 budds.Been sitting a little over 3 years,put 2 batteries in and it fired right up,then spent the next 2 hours getting the brakes broke free.Runs and drives great,made the trip home in fine shape.

post-61-0-06970900-1299454104_thumb.jpg

Brought this old girl home today.1982 RWS788LST,early tip turbine E6-350,Dynatard,TRDL1070 splitter 10 speed,4:42 rears on Neway,212" wheelbase,11R24.5 budds.Been sitting a little over 3 years,put 2 batteries in and it fired right up,then spent the next 2 hours getting the brakes broke free.Runs and drives great,made the trip home in fine shape.

Mike nice looking Superliner you got there, did you ever get Mikeies V8 Superliner going, hadent heard anything about it for a while. my brother bought a 78 F-Model last fall we plan on going to the Walcott Truckers Jamboree this year,hope to see you out there. Ron

Mike nice looking Superliner you got there, did you ever get Mikeies V8 Superliner going, hadent heard anything about it for a while. my brother bought a 78 F-Model last fall we plan on going to the Walcott Truckers Jamboree this year,hope to see you out there. Ron

He got the motor pulled and has been working on getting it tore down,but I've been keeping him pretty busy trucking,so progress has been slow.

Let's see some pics of your brother's F model.The guy I got this Superliner from had just scrapped a '73 FL795.I about cried when he told me about it.

:SMOKIE-LFT: Looks good plenty of potential. a buddy of mine still runs one like it as a daily driver.

It's pretty rough around the edges,but you're right,it has lot's of potential.The suspension had been rebushed shortly before it was parked,as well as a new clutch.Engine & trans. seem to be in really good shape.Hood needs a little work and the cab back panel needs replaced.

Sweet looking Ride! Classic style with air ride and I always was a sucker(?) for the tip turbine setup. Just seemed to go and go... If it ever gets done, will have one in my B75. It has only been 5 years!

I always liked them too.I been looking for a tip turbine 350 for along time,always thought they were a damn good engine.First Superliner I ever drove was set up just like this one,it was a dealer demonstrator Grandpa brought home to try out for a week.That hood seemed 2 miles long to a 14 yr. old kid.