The New Adventures Of Spot The Wonder Dog

rhasler

We begin our tale at the sprawling Otherdog estate as the Sheriff prepares for the annual parade and picinic commemorating the Civil War battle of Longhorn Gulch. The Sherrif will be honoring his ancestor Colonel Thomas Otherdog, the family patriarch, hero of the battle, and creator of the world's finest hot sauce. At this year's parade the Sheriff plans to announce plans to begin marketing the Colonel's own original hot sauce, but first, the Sheriff has to make it to the parade.

post-6084-0-54139200-1299438392_thumb.jp

Finally dressed for the parade, Sheriff Otherdog gives himself one last look in the mirror before running off to town hall to obtain the last permits needed for the annual celebration. Randy and Spot, who are preparing the roasting pit for the picnic, are set to meet the Sheriff there. After their rendezvous, they will all go together to pick up the half dozen hogs that will be roasted in the ground for the big shindig.

post-6084-0-28175800-1299438402_thumb.jp

Before leaving, the Sheriff goes over the new advertisement for "Colonel Otherdogs World Famous Other Sauce" before locking it safely away, along with the secret recipe, and the inaugural test batch of the hot sauce.

post-6084-0-21044900-1299438413_thumb.jp

post-6084-0-76983200-1299438439_thumb.jp

Meanwhile, in the town square, Randy and Spot dig the fire pit that will be used to roast the pigs that will feed the hungry citizens of Daingerfield at the picnic.

post-6084-0-61506000-1299438456_thumb.jp

The permits obtained, the trio heads for Sheriff Otherdog's estate to pickup the pigs, the hot sauce, and the world famous, often copied but never duplicated, top secret family recipe book. A disturbing sight, however, greets the troubled triumvirate upon their arrival!

post-6084-0-24925800-1299438470_thumb.jp

Owing to his newly acquired hobby of photography the Sheriff has a camera on hand and ready to document the crime scene. Spot on the other hand, has a portable forensic lab with him at all times. His amazing olfactory sense quickly ferrets out a clue.

post-6084-0-32945900-1299438485_thumb.jp

Sheriff Otherdog hurriedly takes his photographic evidence to the County forensic lab for analysis and is shocked to find the image of a ghostly man on the photo that no one had seen while at the crime scene. After enhancing the image the Sheriff is shocked that he recognizes the person in the photo, it's his Great Great Great Grandfather, Colonel Thomas Otherdog

post-6084-0-48797500-1299438497_thumb.jp!

TO BE CONTINUED....

• Like 1

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Sure that the ghost of Colonel Otherdog must have been responsible for the sudden disappearance of the secret recipe, Randy, the Sheriff, and Spot the wonder dog load into Killer B and prepare for a midnight meeting with the Colonel's ghost at his burial plot

post-6084-0-79688800-1299438797_thumb.jp

Following the directions laid out in the Otherdog family history book, "Take 108 north to the top of the mountain then go past the yellow house and take the next right-there's no road signs, but there is some orange tape there. When you get to the blue building stay to the left.Open the gate and go through,then close it behind you. You'll see some equipment on the side of the road and a road turning off to the right, but don't take the road to the right or you'll pass the church with a cemetery on both sides of the road...", Randy slowly but surely navigates his way to the Colonel's final resting place as Spot keeps a watchful eye on the roadside, always prepared to spring into action should anyone should attempt an ambush. But alas, after finding the gravesite there are no signs of the Colonel, the hot sauce, the pigs, or the family recipe book.

post-6084-0-50075100-1299438809_thumb.jp

post-6084-0-46010700-1299438820_thumb.jp

Looking as if all is lost, the Sheriff and his dejected deputies return to Daingerfield to break the bad news. Before disclosing the terrible news to the townsfolk, the Sheriff decides to take another look at the crime scene for any clues that he may have missed, only to discover that he has made a real bonehead mistake!

post-6084-0-33820700-1299438831_thumb.jp

post-6084-0-42158600-1299438841_thumb.jp

post-6084-0-19163700-1299438852_thumb.jp

BE SURE TO TUNE IN FOR THE NEXT EPISODE "SPOT AND THE DOUBLE DOG DILEMMA"!

• Like 1

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Glad the secret recipe was recovered! i made a boneless pork roast on the grill,made a "cavity" filled with garlic,onions,tied it all up,marinated it in some "special herbs and spices"and some of Colonel otherdogs' down home,not too hot,jess right fingerlickin' good no-nonsense ol' southern syle sauce MY MY! it was as they say in the south, "sho' nuff good!"..................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Glad the secret recipe was recovered! i made a boneless pork roast on the grill,made a "cavity" filled with garlic,onions,tied it all up,marinated it in some "special herbs and spices"and some of Colonel otherdogs' down home,not too hot,jess right fingerlickin' good no-nonsense ol' southern syle sauce MY MY! it was as they say in the south, "sho' nuff good!"..................Mark

Have you ever tried my bbq sauce on a pork roast? It's pretty good too, and cheap to make a gallon. A gallon lasts a long time too. I've posted it several times here before. It was given to me by someone else but I changed it to my liking. I've got almost 2 gallons of it now.

I like to smoke a boston butt or pork loin and I usually make pulled pork bbq from the boston butt or chopped bbq from the loins.

I take a gallon jug of vinegar, pour some out into another container, and add a bottle of liquid smoke,a bottle of worcestershire sauce, about half a bottle of garlic powder, some black pepper, some crushed red pepper, and some hot sauce. The original recipe called for a spoon full of everything and it tasted like vinegar so I started adding a whole bottle of everything- hard to make a whole gallon of vinegar taste like anything but vinegar, but this is really good on bbq'd pork. It makes a good marinade too.

Here's how you do it-

make your barbecue.

pour some sauce on it.

call me when it's ready.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.