Does anybody know if the Mack Museum can/will provide information about their former service locations? I assume they would at least have some records, but I'm not sure if they will release such information. Specifically I'm looking to get some historic photos of the dealership from the days when it was a factory branch location and possibly further back. These would be for my hero Jack, who is getting up there in age, but still has a memory like a steel trap.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Good question! I can't say for sure if they will have photos of every dealer/branch but I would think they would have some. I suggest you contact the museum to be sure. If you have the name of the dealer/branch and location that may help.

Doug

• Like 1

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

Good question! I can't say for sure if they will have photos of every dealer/branch but I would think they would have some. I suggest you contact the museum to be sure. If you have the name of the dealer/branch and location that may help.

Doug

Thanks Doug, that was my thinking too. I talked to Jack today and he rattled off the names that the dealership had from way back. I figure some pictures of the old dealership would make his day. One of the old hands from the Mack factory branch here passed a few weeks back and got me thinking about this.

By the way, he's a Swede, and he don't much care for what volvo has done!

Just a reminder, the old timers are disappearing, make the most of your time with them!

I have always found the Mack Museum most helpful with any inquiries i have made,and even if they did'nt have the info i requested ,(rarely) they were able to point me in the right direction. Working on my quest,my grandfather was one of the first truckmen (in New Jersey) to use a factory installed "tag"axle on an AK-6,been trying for a long time to find a picture or info,as they just don't exist in family records. And you made very a true statement,the old time guys are fading fast,they can provide a wealth of info given the chance I read an article while on the road this week,that the VERY LAST WW-I (U.S.) veteran had pased away,pretty amazing,considering WW-I ended in 1918! i can only imagine the stories he had to tell!.................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

The passing of our older friends has been a topic of discussion for several years. My cousin Chris has gone beyond expectation and has gathered groups of aging drivers to video tape their stories. It has been an awesome endeavor that will payoff many times over.

I have lost several people recently that I wish I could have spent more time with. Just this week I purchased a digital audio recorder to collect some of the historic events that my friends have been involved in.

Doug

You may also want to contact John Montville the author of the book "Mack" originally published in 1973. The book contains many pictures of Mack plants and other facilities, so he may have pictures of the branch you are looking for.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

You may also want to contact John Montville the author of the book "Mack" originally published in 1973. The book contains many pictures of Mack plants and other facilities, so he may have pictures of the branch you are looking for.

Thanks, that's an excellent suggestion, do you have his contact information?

Thanks, that's an excellent suggestion, do you have his contact information?

No, but according to his bio in his book he was born in Port Washington, NY in 1932, so a web search should find it pretty quickly. I have seen his name mentioned on this board before, so a search here may turn up some more information as well. I would also try the ATHS site.

If you like Mack stuff (DUH!) this book is a must. It's a well written history of Mack with lots of pictures. I believe it is available on Amazon from a used book dealer.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

• 1 month later...

I checked with Don at the Museum, there is not a file specifically on dealers but there is a file that pertains to Mack Factory Branches. I will look through it when I get a chance. If there is a specific branch or area that is of a particular interest, please let me know. Doug

I checked with Don at the Museum, there is not a file specifically on dealers but there is a file that pertains to Mack Factory Branches. I will look through it when I get a chance. If there is a specific branch or area that is of a particular interest, please let me know. Doug

Thanks Doug, I'll PM you in the next day or two with some specifics. Thanks again.

Question. You said you will look through it when you get a chance. Is the public allowed to look through records at the museum? :rolleyes:

Question. You said you will look through it when you get a chance. Is the public allowed to look through records at the museum? :rolleyes:

No, the public does not have access to the records. The records are pretty much only accessible only by staff. I help out the Mack Museum every chance I can and assist with the records from time to time.

Doug