Ratio Change

leversole

On the 93/93 crd rears, can you change the bevel gears without removing the housings?

Havent checked the numbers yet to see if I can get what I want with just an upper gear change, but I want to change the 5.73 to a 4.42...

The way I see it I can change our the bevel gears, swap the entire differentials, have mine rebuilt with the gears I want, or get a cutoff with the ratio I want.

Thanks

On the 93/93 crd rears, can you change the bevel gears without removing the housings?

Havent checked the numbers yet to see if I can get what I want with just an upper gear change, but I want to change the 5.73 to a 4.42...

The way I see it I can change our the bevel gears, swap the entire differentials, have mine rebuilt with the gears I want, or get a cutoff with the ratio I want.

Thanks

I'm sure you can on the 92 series cause we have changed the upper pinion and ring gear/bevel gear with the carrier still in the truck/housing. I thought you could on the 93 as well. I know on the 200 series you have to pull the whole carrier out. All my books are at work though, to double check.