Is Em6 285 And A Endt 676 The Same?

diggin dirt

i've got 1978 endt 676 and a 1981 em6 285 and they look identical, i know one is rated HP (283) and the other is cubic inches but why did Mack change their naming. are the heads interchangable. my new head gaskets have a notch cut out in a bolt hole right next to the cumbustion chamber. it just dont look right, does anybody know what i'm talking about?

i've got 1978 endt 676 and a 1981 em6 285 and they look identical, i know one is rated HP (283) and the other is cubic inches but why did Mack change their naming. are the heads interchangable. my new head gaskets have a notch cut out in a bolt hole right next to the cumbustion chamber. it just dont look right, does anybody know what i'm talking about?

An ENDT 676 is the same engine as an EM6 285, Mack simplified the I.D. around 1980 I think. There is possibly minor differences between the two engines, but essentially the same engines. Gaskets could look different but should interchange.

They may be and they may not be. Look at the two engines and if both have 20 5/8 head bolt studs then they can be. Then look at the surface of the head that the head gasket seal and look to see if both have the groove cut around the combustion are for the fire ring. The eary ENDT 673 did not use the maxidyne head gasket with the fire ring.

glenn akers